Polaris ATV Forum banner

Jetting

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mn800r 
#1 ·
Quick question. I have a totally stock 1999 Scrambler 400 4x4 in my stable. I picked up a used Hot Seat Performance pipe for it on Ebay for $40. Bought a AAEN spark arrestor slip on to go on the end. Thing sounds great and is faster but I know I need to rejet. Any ideas on where to start? The Mik VM34SS has a 230 mainjet and a 35 Pilot as stock. Should I just bump up one each. FYI it starts right up with the choke off. Putting the choke on stalls it. I've never had to use the choke before no matter what the temp. I have no idea if the jets are stock. Anyone piped a scrammy?

#2 ·
My suggestion is to contact Hot Seat at ask them what they recommend jetting to be with their pipe. Great customer service, I know they have the info you are looking for. Sounds like you are pretty close though, if you arent having running issues. Which is good, because usually a pipe doesnt hardly change the jetting needs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.