Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my wife's 2008 Sportsman 400 to a friend for his kids and got the 500 from another friend that bought 2 exact 500 Sportsman's in 2001 and rode them a couple of times and parked them in a heated barn since. They look brand new-- one had 10 miles the other had 13 miles on it. I paid 3,000 so I think I got a great deal. I did have to buy a new battery, empty the gas and scrub the carb. My question is what is a good cargo box for the back. I don't think the lock n ride will work on it???

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Lock & Ride didn't come around until 2005 IIRC

·
Registered
668 Posts
There are several good atv rack bags available. Do a search on Amazon, google or ebay. Tractor Supply and Cabelas sells them too. I found over the years that the straps on the bottom will break off over time. Use the straps and put a couple bungee cords over the top of the bag to keep it from shaking. Can't hurt to spray some waterproofing on it either.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I would vacuum seal that sucker and make a time capsule out of it. Then retire on it in thirty years

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
13 MILES??? Wow! That's a hell of a find right there......Good Job!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I'd do a complete fluid change if it's been sitting that long. Not just gas. but damn that's a nice find.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I sold my wife's 2008 Sportsman 400 to a friend for his kids and got the 500 from another friend that bought 2 exact 500 Sportsman's in 2001 and rode them a couple of times and parked them in a heated barn since. They look brand new-- one had 10 miles the other had 13 miles on it. I paid 3,000 so I think I got a great deal. I did have to buy a new battery, empty the gas and scrub the carb. My question is what is a good cargo box for the back. I don't think the lock n ride will work on it???
Tow Ready makes a good front rack bag which is made of thick rubber and is 100% water proof.
Tow Ready 65861 Camo ATV Cargo Bag : Amazon.com : Automotive

Cabelas, and RoyalDistributing also have great gear you can order online and have shipped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts