Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I am a Polaris guy, but If I could have afforded a new King Quad 750 AXi that is what would be sitting in my garage right now. You will LOVE it. I know alot of people with them and 0 complaints or issues on any of them. They hold their own on the trails too, very well built/designed ATV. They are IMO one of the best, most underrated machines available. You made an excellent choice.

EDIT: The local Polaris dealership here is also a Suzuki Dealer. I know a couple of the mechanics there and they all agreed that the only time that they ever see the king quads is when they are sitting on the showroom floor. The salesman sell them and they hardly ever come back unless its for general maintenance.
Same here. Wanted a KQ 750, budget eould not allow it. Maybe next time.

OP - please give us updates on the KQ, ok?

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
On valves you don't need to go by the book on adjustments. My mechanic I use says if it runs fine and starts easy don't worry about the valves. I have a 500X2 with almost 10000 miles and never had an adjustment. I am going to do it at 10000 since he recommended it. If it isn't broke don't fix it.

Ronnie
Thanks man for the info. That was 1 of the reasons i bought a new atv so that i would'nt have to do any mechanical stuff, other than service like oil changes. Then when i heard i needed to open the motor up and adjust valves at 10 Hours i was freaked out:hmmm:. Im just giong to change the oil with mobil 1 and a K&N oil filter.:veryhappy:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I am a Polaris guy, but If I could have afforded a new King Quad 750 AXi that is what would be sitting in my garage right now. You will LOVE it. I know alot of people with them and 0 complaints or issues on any of them. They hold their own on the trails too, very well built/designed ATV. They are IMO one of the best, most underrated machines available. You made an excellent choice.

EDIT: The local Polaris dealership here is also a Suzuki Dealer. I know a couple of the mechanics there and they all agreed that the only time that they ever see the king quads is when they are sitting on the showroom floor. The salesman sell them and they hardly ever come back unless its for general maintenance.
Same here. Wanted a KQ 750, budget eould not allow it. Maybe next time.

OP - please give us updates on the KQ, ok?

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

Sure i post some updates, the other day i took it riding on the mountains, that thing handles like a sport quad:fest06: you can go on some jumps along the way and its very nice. Alot of power, awesome looking exhuast pipe which sounds almost like a helicopter when your in the woods. Although the stock tires arent the best, im giong to wear them out first before i get some good radials.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Looks Great! That was one thing I remember about the KQ was how sporty and "light" it feels. Awesome machines. Keep us informed as to how you like it as the miles/hours add up.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Get rid of the snorkel inside the air box, get a foam filter if they still use paper, do the shim mod (yamaha washers) and a dalton clutch kit. Very easy to do. It is all on Nyroc. Like adding 4.10 gears to a Mustang. You will dust every single cyl atv ever made. It will run even or beat the pre 2012 Brute Force 750s. My old 2005 KQ 700 was a rocket. I would still have it if it weren't for the massive bar whip when hitting rocks and logs. There were no aftermarket EPS units available when I sold it.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I would still have it if it weren't for the massive bar whip when hitting rocks and logs.
Me too. I sold my king cause I couldnt stand how dangerous it was at speed. It caused me a pretty serious accident. That light sporty feeling due to a very steep caster angle. Makes it very twitchy at speed on a rough trail. Aftermarket wheels with more offset amplify the problem. Makes the steering light and responsive but it also makes the terrain have equal effect on the steering.

That being said, I had the machined and shimmed sheaves, VDI, M109R injector, HMF exhaust and stealth snorkel. the thing would rip but the dam steering was the killer. Ended up bending the frame in an accident and cracked a few ribs :headache: Bars were ripped from my hands at about 55mph. Ive never ridden any other machine that you had to hold onto so tight.

Not running your machine down. It was my favorite but couldnt live with the steering. I want a new PS model but too much for my wallet.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
my buddy just blew the motor in his 2011. that thing has been nothing but issues for him since day one. I guess you get a lemon every once in a while. hopefully you have good luck with yours

21 - 31 of 31 Posts