Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPS just dropped off my tires and wheels...got the Kenda Bear Claws HTR in 26" and the STI HD2 Se wheels....all I can say is wow....the tires are more than I expected..pictures on sites do them no justice..they look like rubber with dragons teeth on them..lol...and side wall is very thick...more than pleased....Now the wheels...same thing..pictures on sites dont show the real deal....I am going to try getting them mounted tomorrow and then get some pics...my son seen them an was amazed....now i have 2 sets of tires to run..I have Crushers with new Polaris extreme radials on it now..how it came....its a 2002 but previous owner took great care of it....the srock wheels an tires will get me in the regulated trails....the newer ones will get me places local and non regulated....

if you looking for a good tire with outs lots of cost..dont over look these Kenda's....just way better in real life than in pictures....as far as wheels lots have them here..but nice wheels....very very impressed with this combo....now to try them

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Kenda's are great tires

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuze when you told me they were good....I really wanted them...I have mud lite XTr's on my Suzuki and these just blow them away in design and cheaper also...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nice, look forward to seeing pics..Been debating these tires,
Had executioners and loved them, Just a little aggressive and hard for my riding
The HTR's seem to be just the right fit for me.. Come on cash flow.. lol

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
The Kenda's really are a nice trade off between an all-terrain and a true mud tire. Just wait until you get into some snow or mud for the first time. You'll have a smile on your face with the results. Congrats on the new wheels!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I run Kenda Executioners on my 500HO. They will bite, just be careful on roots they tend to jerk a lot more in a hard pull. Overall no problems

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the Kenda Executioners were just a bit too meaty for me...it looks like a great mud tire...I dont have that kinda mud here.....lol....plus i wanted radial...most of my riding is mountain trails..fields...some mud but not the kind you need to submarine in..lol...

·
Registered
548 Posts
I just got the original Kenda Bearclaw and they are great. The right fit for me. You are going to love yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
434 Posts
al53,
You could start mounting your own tires if you're into that kind of stuff. I like to do as much of my own stuff as possible. I bought the HF tire changer a while back and have used it to change many tires since. It works pretty well. I bolt mine to a pallet when I need it.

Portable Tire Changer

Here's a video of some dude using it once mounted on a pallet.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Those HtR's are a lot meatier in person, I sure like mine.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those HtR's are a lot meatier in person, I sure like mine.
yes they are...as said the Pictures on sites dont do justice...plus the nice thick sidewall...and the rim bead protector...you can tell I am excited...way beyond what I imagined...wish they made these for my truck now...lol...

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
We want PICS!!! haha i love the look of the Chrome HD2's!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
going today to try to get mounted...I was going to try..but to lazy..lol....the tire guy said 15 a piece..not bad....stems an bead sealant also...I guess the lube has a sealer in it ....

·
Registered
96 Posts
going today to try to get mounted...I was going to try..but to lazy..lol....the tire guy said 15 a piece..not bad....stems an bead sealant also...I guess the lube has a sealer in it ....
$60 seems rather high to me. When I ordered mine from Rocky Mountain ATV as a wheel package mounting and stems were included free but the sealant was $4 per tire. Do you have any Discount Tires in your area? They might do it for less.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I went to America Tire and they did it for $20 for all four. They just had to mount them only!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
i have a friend that could do it, for about $20. what part of MA are you in?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i am in western Ma..out by Sturbridge.....thanks for the offer..we should hook up some time an ride...if I knew earlier it may have been worth a ride...lol...savings in the gas tank....

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you have Walmart all 4 for 20 dollars.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
i am in western Ma..out by Sturbridge.....thanks for the offer..we should hook up some time an ride...if I knew earlier it may have been worth a ride...lol...savings in the gas tank....
absolutely! Ive ridden with Ronin2, we went up to NH and rode Little Monadnock. you registered in NH?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts