Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any reason I should not just replace my stock rear tires and leave the fronts until they are shot? Staying stock size.
2012 800

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just trying to lessen the sticker shock to the wife is all!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Just trying to lessen the sticker shock to the wife is all!

always better to ask for forgiveness later! :rotflmao:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Keeping with the same size...and same type of tire. No NOT mix bias with radial. Also...keep same or similar type tread pattern.

If cost is an issue...this is the best way around it.

Good luck...

biz
:wavey:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keeping with the same size...and same type of tire. No NOT mix bias with radial. Also...keep same or similar type tread pattern.

If cost is an issue...this is the best way around it.

Good luck...

biz
:wavey:
Thanks.. cost is only an issue to HER!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Try find a good "slightly used" set on CL or go with an "off brand" tire.... ???

What are you wanting to replace them with?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know what I want and my rears are pretty well shot so I was just seeing what people thought about doing 2 at a time

Kenda Bearclaw HTR 8 ply radials.

I have been watching CL and that's mostly @#$% people don't want anymore

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
If the front and rear tires are not close to the same diameter, then it will be hard on your 4x4 system.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's kinda what my concern was. Since the stock 25" are just barely 24" tall and what I am looking at is 25.3 claimed on rim.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
my thought, buy rears, don't install, wait a month, or two at the most, buy fronts. Install all four. sticker shock is my biggest issue from my wife as well. Can't wait till she see's how much I'm going to be paying for my quad. I can hear the screaming now.:motz::nixweiss::fuercht::aargh4::sadwavey::scared1::wall::slap:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Think I'll just bite the bullet with her. Found some on eBay.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
There's a guy in Stacy that always has good takeoffs for around $200 a set. You should stop over and check out my ripsaws before you get anything. I got them at Shadetree for about $420 out the door with tax and discount tire did the mount and balance for $8 each on the way home. And, I can set you up with a clutch kit now too if you need it!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No take offs. I want better tires. I looked at the Ripsaws. I think I can get the HTRs for about $375. Staying stock in size so I won't need a clutch kit.....yet. Will definitely buy from you if I get one. Got time for a ride Saturday? Going up to Chengwatana. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's cool. I have not been to Hay Days in years. Is there any ATV stuff there now?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Lots of ATV stuff, sleds, motocycles, and even the occasional kitchen sink. (not kidding) It's only about 4-5 miles out 95 from town on the right. Can't miss it. Huge stunt ramps out there and it's about double the size it was in Lino.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah my son lived right there with his mom when he was younger. Cant believe how big it has got since it was at Waldochs! How much to get in these days?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts