Polaris ATV Forum banner

Just wanted to say goodbye...

1112 Views 14 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  DZG400
Hi,

I really liked my Sportsman 570.

But I couldn't hold it anymore. Spent too much money on parts and a lot off effort to maintain. I sold it yesterday :(.

I purchased a brand new Honda Foreman Rubicon with DCT and IRS. It is as close as you can get to Polaris amazing riding experience.

Sadly, I now understand that my new Rubicon will last longer.

I am not familiar with it yet, but the Honda looks more straight forward to maintain.
Polaris was too complicated in my opinion. The oil filter location, the ball joints and wheel bearings.

Button line, I need the ATV to work for me. Not the other way.

Take care Latebird and all of you amazing people in this forum.

Let's see if I will regret and get back to Polaris... :)
Reactions: 5
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Life is too short.

ATV's and Snowmobiles are like fine tailored suits..What fits you doesn't fit everyone else.
Reactions: 2
Wonder why ya don't see more Honda's? I've only seen 2 or 3 in the many years of riding the trails here..
Honda has not kept up with performance side of their 4-wheelers. Nothing they make will blow your doors off like a Polaris and I think that is why you don't see many on the trails. I mostly see Polaris wheelers all the time. I agree Honda's last forever with usually far less issues than a Polaris. With the Honda 4-wheelers being so much tamer (way undersized and powered when compared to Polaris) that only leads to an extended life. If Honda made big bore and more aggressive 4-wheelers I would be taking a good look at them myself. The OP and the Honda should have a good life together. Good luck!
Reactions: 3
Honda has not kept up with performance side of their 4-wheelers. Nothing they make will blow your doors off like a Polaris and I think that is why you don't see many on the trails. I mostly see Polaris wheelers all the time. I agree Honda's last forever with usually far less issues than a Polaris. With the Honda 4-wheelers being so much tamer (way undersized and powered when compared to Polaris) that only leads to an extended life. If Honda made big bore and more aggressive 4-wheelers I would be taking a good look at them myself. The OP and the Honda should have a good life together. Good luck!
Yep...Honda(and most Japanese companies) have given up on ATV's and focus on SxS.
Reactions: 2
Thank you so @pcaster!
@rainmanx ,
The entire industry as well as Polaris are shifting to SxS. But I am an ATV guide.
Riding is better than driving!!!

The post is only based on my personal experience. Maybe I got a lemon.
Reactions: 4
Everytime mine or one of my buddies polaris takes a dump, breaks, or otherwise causes headache the running joke to yell is "shoulda bought a honda"
Reactions: 1
Hi,

But I couldn't hold it anymore. Spent too much money on parts and a lot off effort to maintain. I sold it yesterday :(.

I purchased a brand new Honda Foreman Rubicon with DCT and IRS. It is as close as you can get to Polaris amazing riding experience.

I am not familiar with it yet, but the Honda looks more straight forward to maintain.
Polaris was too complicated in my opinion. The oil filter location, the ball joints and wheel bearings.

My friend traded his 570 in, it was an absolute POS. He bought it new, nothing but a constant headache. His 04.5 500HO had to tow it home on a few occasions.
You will not regret owning a Honda. I loved my 420, sold it as I was not riding much.
Reactions: 1
My friend traded his 570 in, it was an absolute POS. He bought it new, nothing but a constant headache. His 04.5 500HO had to tow it home on a few occasions.
You will not regret owning a Honda. I loved my 420, sold it as I was not riding much.
I purchase my powersports by first selecting the suspension.. I can buy new shocks, tires, machines, etc...I CANNOT BUY A NEW BACK, KNEES, SHOULDERS, ETC.

My friend has a 06 Rincon with 22k miles....It doesn't have power steering, so you feel every bump. It has 4 independent wheel suspension, but it doesn't ride very well. He has to ride behind me, because the headlights are low and get full of mud very quickly, whereas on the Sportsman they are higher and have 3 of them.
Hi,

You might find this place helpful.

Honda ATV Forum (hondaatvforums.net)
I purchase my powersports by first selecting the suspension.. I can buy new shocks, tires, machines, etc...I CANNOT BUY A NEW BACK, KNEES, SHOULDERS, ETC.

My friend has a 06 Rincon with 22k miles....It doesn't have power steering, so you feel every bump. It has 4 independent wheel suspension, but it doesn't ride very well. He has to ride behind me, because the headlights are low and get full of mud very quickly, whereas on the Sportsman they are higher and have 3 of them.
Powersteering is a luxury, not a necessity. Ive rode atvs that have it, dont like the feel of it, wont own one with it unless its a real sweet deal.

i added HD coils to my 12 Sportsman 400HO, I hated that soft Polaris Ride. My Honda Rancher ride was perfect, not that overly soft cushy Polaris ride, firm and forgiving.
We have had a Honda then a Yamaha and a Max (6x6) now a Polaris. All were used when we bought them, the Polaris is almost as much upkeep as the Max was.
When I bought my Polaris, I was looking at the Honda Rancher the price tag is what detoured me,
We have had a Honda then a Yamaha and a Max (6x6) now a Polaris. All were used when we bought them, the Polaris is almost as much upkeep as the Max was.
Some must be rougher on their ATV's, the only thing I ever had an issue with is a bolt broke on the snowplow mount about 2-3 years ago, I went to larger diameter bolts then... (2-XP 1000's) I did need to replace a starter on my 2009 850 when I still owned it.
I had a max and it was much more mai
I had a max ii before i bought my 01 500. It was way more upkeep then the quad ever has been.

I do miss that bastard though sometimes...it was a blast
1 - 15 of 15 Posts