Polaris ATV Forum banner

241 - 255 of 255 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
OK I have a 2015 Sportsman 570 tire size is F-25x8-12 and R- 25x10-12
If I run the same size or 1 size larger, so 26x9-12 Fronts and 26x11-12 Rear should I be looking at a clutch kit as well?
The riding I do is mostly around the farm in the fields and a little trails (Sandy base very little mud and some water and lots in the snow) and if so what kit should I be looking specifically?
And Are these the tires I should I be looking at. There is a lot of bush and trees and sticks for flats. I already replaced 1 tire for a branch through the sidewall of the stock Carlisles
The HTR would be a great tire for the riding you do. The 570 will handle the 26" tire like a champ. No reason to worry about a clutch kit. However, as talked about multiple times in this thread, as well as many others, you will need a wheel upgrade if you are running the OEM wheels. A 4+3 offset wheel is the key to fitting the 9" wide tire on the front with no rubbing on the tie rod ends. This is true of any 9" wide tire, not just the HTR. If new wheels aren't in the budget, you can also get it in a 25" size that will fit on your OEM's. https://www.mudthrowers.com/inc/sdetail/6599/49545

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is this the right wheel for the 26 HTR's on a 570 Sportsman?

Size 12x7 , Offset 4+3 , pattern 4/156

ITP delta part # 1225579014

·
Super Moderator
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Those are the wheels I run on ours.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went out for our first ride with our new Bear Claw HTRs yesterday. Have a 2018 sportsman 570SP touring. We upgraded to the HTRs from the stock 14” tires but did not change the height of the tire. The width changed by an inch. With two of us on the bike, the rear tires rubbed immediately on the support framing for the footwells. The suspension is tightened all the way. Did some quick alterations to the plate on the framing but still rubbed. My wife decided to stay home for the day, so I was riding solo. There was still some rubbing when hitting small dips in roads or on rough trails. I’m not sure what to do to fix the problem. What’s the easiest, least expensive fix?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Time to replace the OEM tires on my 2017 Sportsman 850 with stock suspension and 14” steel wheels:
(F) 26x8-14; (R) 26x10-14.

I’d like to get Kenda Bear Claw HTRs, but can only find them in 26x9-14 and 26x11-14, in other words, one inch wider than OEM.

Is this an issue or will they fit the stock steel wheels without rubbing? I do a lot of undulating two-tracks and woop-de-dos.

Any experience doing this?
Appreciate your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Will fit without any mods, I have them on mine.

Reactions: Mel556180

·
Premium Member
9,726 Posts
yup they'll fit and you could go up to 28" if you wanted!!

Reactions: Mel556180

·
Super Moderator
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #249 (Edited)
Time to replace the OEM tires on my 2017 Sportsman 850 with stock suspension and 14” steel wheels:
(F) 26x8-14; (R) 26x10-14.

I’d like to get Kenda Bear Claw HTRs, but can only find them in 26x9-14 and 26x11-14, in other words, one inch wider than OEM.

Is this an issue or will they fit the stock steel wheels without rubbing? I do a lot of undulating two-tracks and woop-de-dos.

Any experience doing this?
Appreciate your thoughts.
I would hold out for 28". Here is where I bought mine.

These are in stock

·
Registered
159 Posts
Found a set of HTRs online at a good price. Problem is getting them mounted: Tire services shut down here in northern Michigan...
Not really interested in wrestling them by hand. Now the wait...
Harbor Freight is your friend....Bead breaker is about $55 and a couple of tire irons....Saves a ton of money down the road......

After reading the reviews on this tire, it looks like I'll be getting a set for my 2015 Sportsman XP 1000. I have the aluminum wheels, and the stock tires are pretty much junk. Consensus on size? Stock or bigger? Not wanting to get too big, as the stock tires worked well for everything I do, and the machine will see quite a bit of time on asphalt, as I use it to tow my dragster at the track as well.....

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Yep, need 4 tires and 1 Bead Buster. Had mine done and reinstalled
tires.jpg
bead b.jpg
in an hour

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Awesome tires they went on before the new 850 came off the trailer when I got home

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
Harbor Freight is your friend....Bead breaker is about $55 and a couple of tire irons....Saves a ton of money down the road......

After reading the reviews on this tire, it looks like I'll be getting a set for my 2015 Sportsman XP 1000. I have the aluminum wheels, and the stock tires are pretty much junk. Consensus on size? Stock or bigger? Not wanting to get too big, as the stock tires worked well for everything I do, and the machine will see quite a bit of time on asphalt, as I use it to tow my dragster at the track as well.....
I would go to a 28" tall HTR, but if you are happy with your 26" OEM size the 26" HTR will still be a bigger tire.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello,

For me HTR are best tires. very good un mud and hard rocks. mine has been changed at 8000 Km on my old brute force 750.

241 - 255 of 255 Posts