Polaris ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Glad your liking them Bob..I have mine for a year now..barely show any wear....We had a bad winter this year in New England and I was plowing twice a week with them..they just bite in like crazy....I ride alot of broken slate trail with sharp rocks and not a nich in the tires and skidder roads..like you said they just climb out of ruts with ease..funny thing is i ride 2wd alot where as my friends have to ride AWD to get the traction to climb...these are impressive tires...Most who ride with me are converting over to the Claw this spring...I ride on a asphalt road for about 3 miles to get to the gun club and they ride nice on the road..a little noisy when the tires are cold...but soon the settle down...I do about 35 mph and no shaking or wobbles...only thing I see is with the hard rubber compound when you lay on the brake...you slide a bit...but not bad...the rubber on these tires are rock hard...would take alot to cut them..side walls are thick also...
Enjoy the tires and have a great time at MOAB...I am sure the tire will pass the test....

I would love a tire type like these for my truck..lol...just for off road...

·
Registered
246 Posts
This is all good news to me, can't wait to get them. This was my last trip to the desert till October, but in October I expect to have them mounted.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Nice to hear all the positive reviews. I have experience with Kenda brand...and it sounds like they definitely improved on the original bear claws!!

Very cool!!

biz
:veryhappy:

·
Registered
93 Posts
You know I just thought I would throw this in. I have had balancing issues with my Honda Goldwing Dunlop E3 and went to Dyna Beads. Works like a charm. I have since used them in my tires on my quad. I have a 2013 550 touring and as soon as I got it I put them in the stock tires. When I go to Kendra's (which will be my next tire) I will be putting them in as well. Easy to install. Just MHO on balancing since it is hard to find someone to balance ATV tires.
Air soft pellets worked great for the 26" bighorns I had on my RZR, smooth as glass at 70mph

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
You know I just thought I would throw this in. I have had balancing issues with my Honda Goldwing Dunlop E3 and went to Dyna Beads. Works like a charm. I have since used them in my tires on my quad. I have a 2013 550 touring and as soon as I got it I put them in the stock tires. When I go to Kendra's (which will be my next tire) I will be putting them in as well. Easy to install. Just MHO on balancing since it is hard to find someone to balance ATV tires.
Air soft pellets worked great for the 26" bighorns I had on my RZR, smooth as glass at 70mph
Bighorns usually don't need to be balanced. i had mine up to 81 mph and no wobble at all. they were the smoothest tire i've ever run.

·
Super Moderator
6,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Just got back from four days of riding out on the slick rock in Moab. I have the HTR's on my 850 and my wife's 570 T. The tires performed flawlessly, and gripped the slick rock as well as my Bighorn's did, and much better than my Pitbull Rockers ever did. To me that says a lot, since Bighorns were the best tire I had seen and/or ridden on out there until now. They passed the test with flying colors!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Glad they worked out Bob....I love mine..I call them the Billy goats..they climb any thing...I ride on some crushed rock and shale trails..stuff is sharp and when wet slick as owl snot..and never a problem or a CUT in the tires...a lot of the guys I ride with converted this spring to the HTR's...tired of me pulling them up rock ledges..lol...I checked my pressure about a week ago and was close to the same as last spring..and plowing all winter...and riding...

glad you and the wife had a great safe trip...it looked great from the pics....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Would those 28" HTR's fit on the factory XP wheels or did you have to go to the aftermarket rims because of clearance issues?

·
Super Moderator
6,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
They would fit on OEM wheels just fine. No clearance issues to worry about.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Pretty sweet pictures Bob! Looks like you guys were testing some skills out there for sure. Well done putting the HTR's through the test. Do you like them better than Bighorns?

·
Super Moderator
6,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Pretty sweet pictures Bob! Looks like you guys were testing some skills out there for sure. Well done putting the HTR's through the test. Do you like them better than Bighorns?
Performance wise, so far, they seem equal to the Bighorn's, and even better in slick, snowy conditions. When you factor in that a set of the HTR's is about $100 cheaper than a set of Bighorn's, I have to give the edge so far to the HTR. I still can't compare how they wear, but rarely do I wear a tire out before putting something new on... :ponder: Time will tell on that. Still need to get some more riding on them before making my final judgment, but for now, I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
964 Posts
bobx2 -- Looked like a GREAT time out in Moab!! Happy to hear that your HTR's worked as expected.

IMHO...I think Kenda makes a GREAT ATV tire. I have the original Bear Claws on my hunting machine...and could not be happier with them.

biz
:veryhappy:

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
When i had my tires mounted the guy doing the work said that the rubber on the HTR's was very hard and the side walls were thick and stiff..he was impressed...said they should wear like iron and the sidewall should resist and side puntures that would be normal for trail riding...I just got new tires on my truck from him a few weeks ago and he was asking me about the HTR tires how they have been doing...i said I road all winter and plowed with them...he said he told a few guys about the tires he knew and they all have them now....and he said kenda makes some truck tires he is going to try to stock...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Anyone running these on a Touring? I'm sure the 26" will be fine but I'm wondering if the 28's will work?

I'd be interested to know this also.:ponder: However, if I were a betting man, then I would suspect that the 28's would not fit the XP Touring model...because of the rear foot peg/rest issue.

If only a 27" was offered... Hey Kenda...You listening?? :laugh2:

biz
:yup:
They do come in 27's...I just bought a set.

·
Registered
218 Posts
12s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
964 Posts
I think biz4two was hoping to see them in 27x14's like myself.
Absolutely!! Would be nice if Kenda gave the XP's some love!! :rotflmao:

biz
:yup:

·
Registered
218 Posts

IMG_8002.JPG [/ATTACH]

Here's my Bearclaws on a 500 sportsman.

41 - 60 of 245 Posts