Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at new tires....I am sorta stuck on the kenda bear claws HTR radials....I am not a mud pit rider..mostly gravel trails...woods...fields...stream beds...

I am going to put them on some new STI HD1 wheels machine finish...and 26" tires....

I have Polaris extremes radials on now..with razor mags...

So any one running the bear claws...let me know what you think...especialy if you run them in snow....

Thanks

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I run both different sets of bear claws on my two current machines. Ive driven alot in snow with them and they really paddle well thru the snow. Especially my 13' rolling the 26's. I like them a lot. Clean out well in mud too, not as good as a true mud tire but they ride as good as the factory tires and give you a lot of extra grip in the loose stuff over the stock carlisles.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Fuze...i am not a big Mud Hole rider like I see some on here doing..lol...maybe a muddy trail but not deep...most of my riding is forest roads..gravel...fields...

I been researching an every one seems to like them....

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I don't usually go in the mud holes either. But if you do, the kenda's will get you thru some thick stuff!!!! (pic below was dragging the frame thru some THICK sticky stuff) My xplorer with brand new Carlisle Mud Wolfs (bro in law was riding-experienced rider and my mechanic) got stuck in my tracks. It was an old slough bed and that mud was bottomless, if you stepped off your machine you would sink up to your ball sack. Lost my sandals in it when I stepped off lol.

ATV2.jpg

Not to mention the Kenda's look mean!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I ran the Bearclaws on my old Honda (not radial) and they were very good all around and in wear.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I've got a set on a '98 sporty 500

there is no snow in central texas, but plenty of dirty, grass, sand (feet deep), large rock (12-18"), small/med rock, some hills, some mud, some water (1-2 feet), i love these tires they go thru is all without ever slowing down. Mine are whatever diameter a 98 has, but are 2 inches wider on back, that makes a difference i think, i run the quad on 4wd all the time and it just pulls hard, nice tires for not too much money! i also run over cactus left and right and left again, no issues, tough tires!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts