Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to inform everyone to make sure and watch what kind of key chain you put on your ATV key's. I put just a small Craftsman multi strait slot srewdriver that comes in there tool kits on my key chain. Didn't think much of it because it wasn't long enough to hit anything. I would be just riding a long and turn around a courner and the think would die. The first couple of times i didn't notice that the key had turned off. The thrid time i was about to take it back on warantee. Then i got looking and when i turned the handle bars the key gets closer to the gas cap, and it was hooking on it and turning the key off. It was the weirdst thing iv'e seen because the way that the screwdriver was disinged i never would have thought it would catch on anything even if it did touch. Hasn't done it sence. So just watch what you put on your key chains.

·
Registered
421 Posts
when i took the safty class last yr. they said that would happen, and while we were taking or tests it happened to one of the riders 2 times in 5 hrs. i keep nothing on my key ring. i dont want it to put scraches/gouges in the plastic.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
I keep a condom attached to my key just in case!:stooges::pfeif::vogel:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts