Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey when I put my polaris sportsman 400 in the neutral and trun the key one so the neutral light comes one and then when I go to start my bike if I push down o the key I lose all power if I lift up on the key and pul it to the righ the bike will start quicker and then when my bike come out of 4wd I wiggle the key it will kick back in same as the light if I wiggle the key wgile it in there my lights will come on does this mean I need a new key switch or something and can this also be why my bike so hard to start? Plz help

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
don't push down

for now anyway until you have time to open pod up and look behind key switch to see how well its attached or if something is broken that should hold it. As far as starting trouble, you may want to remove/clean/dilectric grease your various electrical connections at end points and fuse box. Maybe switch just needs to be tightened?

·
Registered
575 Posts
It does sounds like a bad key switch, I have tried taking them apart an cleaning them, but your probably best just replacing it. I would suggest buying the Polaris one too, I have purchased a few aftermarket ones and they all seem to be really low quality.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
900 Posts
I bought a key switch assembly on eBay for $20 shipped to my door. The Polaris one was low quality in my opinion. The aftermarket one works great. I'll not buy from the dealership if I can help it !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks do u guys think that why it so hard to start my bike again eveytime I shut iff off but were the fuse vox located at on a 2002 400 sportsman?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And do u guys know were all the vin number on my bike are at beside one the frse buy the wheel ??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
need help asap

Hey I am wondering if there more then one vin number on my bike beside on the frsmw behind the wheel and were my fuse box is located

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
need help asap

Hey I am wondering if there more then one vin number on my bike beside on the frsmw behind the wheel and were my fuse box is located

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
on frame behind L-front wheel, sometimes a sticker on the headlight pod, no fuse box has 2 circuit breakers in a pouch, one back by solenoid another in wiring under gas tank If I remember right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts