·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody has any experience with KFI winches? Am I choosing a product I'm going to be sorry with?

·
Registered
470 Posts
This is a good looking winch. I like the all black a lot. The Amazon description is pretty vague. I looked around some for more info.

It does appear to have a dynamic brake, necessary for plowing. Made in USA, so that's a plus. Unknown what brand rope they're using, so that's a question mark/negative. You want AmSteel. I do not like that it has a roller fairlead with the rope. I much prefer a hawse for synthetic line. A

lso, it is unclear whether it includes a mount for your XP. It does not appear to be the case, so you'll need to factor in that additional expense. By then, you're into the $320 range and they are many options there. From what I've read, KFI is pretty-well thought of otherwise.

Myself, I have a Polaris Warn on one machine and a Viper Elite on the other. Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It does help out a lot. Thanks for the input. It is highly appreciated. I know the mount would be a separate purchase, so am including that into the price. I believe from Amazon I can make the deal for $318.xx. KFI is a reputable company, which is why it is on my radar for consideration.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I don't have any first hand experience with Pomark either but they have a heck of a deal on e-bay for $150.
Promark XTR 3000lb Winch , it includes 50' of synthetic rope, hawse fairlead , hook stopper/fairlead protector , attachable wire remote , and the wiring for the install.

Not a bad deal if you would figure what it would cost you just to buy the rope, hawse fairlead and the fairlead protector by themselves.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help guys! I believe I'll be picking up this winch. I'll probably switch over to a hawse fairlead when I can eventually find a smoked out one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts