Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did search on here & did not find anything on Kimpex plow install. Anyway, does anyone have any experience installing this type on the XP's? A friend of mine who works as a mechanic says he installed an after market plow on one of these & it took 4 hours just to mount the bracket. He was not sure of the brand however. The reason I want to look into this brand is because we have one that is only two years old for the other quad. The bracket for the XP for the Kimpex plow is just over 100 bucks as opposed to a new Polaris plow/brackets at $800!!

Thanks for any & all help.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Can you posta link to teh plow setup? i havent installed one but if i can take a look it may be easy to figure out, or maybe similar to the egale mount i have.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Where did you come up with $800 for the Polaris bracket? A whole new Glacier Pro complete plow system is under $700. Brackets are under $100. Kimpex is about the bottom end of plows too, so if you haven't already purchased it, keep looking. Check out theatvsuperstore.com Supporting vendor here and great to deal with.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ i Bought my American Eagle Plow from Theatvsuperstore. free shipping too. Nice mount setup as well. dying to try it out!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where did you come up with $800 for the Polaris bracket? A whole new Glacier Pro complete plow system is under $700. Brackets are under $100. Kimpex is about the bottom end of plows too, so if you haven't already purchased it, keep looking. Check out theatvsuperstore.com Supporting vendor here and great to deal with.
I put "Plow/bracket" meaning the whole assembly for $800 & if I remember correctly, I said just the bracket was just over $100. Like I said, I already have the plow for the other quad so it would be my cheapest option to be able to just buy the kimpex mount for this plow. After just purchasing this quad & tires I can't afford dishing out more for a complete plow set up.
My only concern is if this kimpex mount is a straight forward install or is it a pain in the butt.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
If your needing any assistance with Kimpex products the inside Sales coordinator at Kimpex is Shawn Ste-Croix. He can be reached at 1-800-561-6461. I'm sure he'd be able to walk you through any questions you may have.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts