Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to replace my ubolts on my kimpex seat. I am trying to figure out if you take the rack off or can u put the seat on with the rack still attached to the bike. The bolt size is 1 1/8 by 2 inches. the bike is
2004 sportsman 400

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I think you'll have to keep the rack on the machine, as the box may/will cover the rack attachment bolts...... may need to find a second set of hands to assist you when installing the box and someone else to guide in the new U bolts.

As a side note.... I installed my box with "J" bolts, fender washers (on box interior) and nylock nuts. Dropped the J bolts through the L&R holes, and snugged them up, but not too tight to deform the rack. It's as solid as the rack is ;).... and hasn't moved a bit!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
when I installed my trunk. I removed the rack to drill the holes in the truck then reinstalled the rack then installed the trunk. I didn't need a second person, but then again I'm a big guy and I was working on a midsized frame machine so wing span helped.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,
I had an extra set of hands to help put the seat on. One of us directed the seat, and the other directed the u bolts worked great.
thanks Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts