Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this picute works, otherwise it's in my profile. I used 3 retractable dog leases to change the angle of my plow. The lines retract and move without getting any slack in the lines. The leashes are attached to the front storage cover via Velcro. I did not have to drill any holes to mount the "I" bolts.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
That is a redneck..... but I love the home engineering (Engin'uity.... aka "Nerdidity" we call it) that went into this idea. Retractable cables (dog leashes).... genius! No B.S.

How does it work exactly? One for the center release pin and the other two for left to right pivot?

How well does it work?

I want to see more pictures and a video!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Cleveland and have used the plow all winter ling (about 10 time) and it works perfect. Just pull the middle handle and either the right or left angle pull and your done.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Redneck or not..if it works then its good...beats getting on an off to angle blade...I seen a 12volt fence gate opener i was thinking of trying...with just a line to the latch to release it to angle blade....

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I see, you grab the leash handles to pull the cables and rotate the plow.... I was thinking the leash handles stayed mounted stationary and you pulled the cables. Sorry I was a little slow at first. :D

How does the third leash trip the pivot stop handle? Do you have a closer picture of this?

Thanks for sharing the idea! :D

Brilliant.... Simply Brilliant!!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I love how you have integrated a snow shovel as a plow..but why leave the handle in?..lol

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Simple and effective. that's what matters. but those leashes aren't cheap.

·
Registered
978 Posts
brilliant!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts