Polaris ATV Forum banner

Knee Braces For Riding

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  13sprtsmn500 
#1 ·
Hey Guys I'm wondering what knee braces people are using for riding and how they like them. I've recently undergone surgery for a ruptured ACL and Meniscus tear along with a MCL strain due to a dirt bike accident over the summer. And I'm getting really anxious to go out riding my sportsman but want the best knee protection possible for my money. I am getting a custom brace made for everyday use but would like a set of braces to use while quading or sledding. I've been looking at the EVS SX02 because it has extension and flexion stops and only run $129 each. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks

#2 ·
your best bet is to talk to your PT, or your ortho doc. and see what they recommend. They may even prescribe you braces.

#3 ·
I've got my everyday brace that has been prescribed by my surgeon and is being custom fitted. He did also mention to get myself a pair of knee braces for riding since I've already injured myself he wants me to protect both knees while riding to prevent any future injuries. There is just so many choices out there and I would like to keep it at a reasonable cost since my one everyday brace is already over the max coverage from my insurance. In my home town we don't have very large powersport shops and no one really stocks much for gear. So before I order id like some feedback from people that may be using different knee braces and see pros and cons from them.
Thanks

#4 ·
I would stop by a big-name sports store that stocks lots of football equipment, and/or talk to one of the football trainers at your local high school/college. Whatever the linemen use would probably be a good bet for knee protection/bracing.

#5 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. But up here in northern ontario there isn't much at all for football. Mostly hockey. I did already check our sports shop here. we only really have a sportcheck and a couple small cycling shops and not much in them lol. But thanks for the reply I appreciate it.

#6 ·
#7 ·
Wow I've been searching none stop and haven't seen these. They look amazing. Thanks a lot ill read up on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.