Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received a new item for product testing today. The Kolpin fuel pack with their own type of Polaris lock & ride mount. Install was very easy. Took all of 10 minuets to put together. Will post more info on & pictures of it this weekend.

Here are some specs.

Fuel Pack Jr (KP89185) and ATV Pack Bracket (252216) in one convenient package!

Puncture resistant, crush proof, high-density polyethylene make it the toughest fuel container available

Included Pack Bracket securely mounts to front or rear ATV rack leaving plenty of room for all your additional gear

Versatile bracket with 1/4 turn action knob allows for quick and easy removal

CARB and EPA certified

Custom design base plate incorporates built-in KXP mounting system

Compatible with Polaris® composite ATV/UTV racks using the Polaris® Lock & Ride® System

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Mornin', I would like to if this mount will work on an '07 Sportsman?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
One more thing, will the mounts work with a Rotopax pack?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I would like to see some more pictures maybe some from the back. Want to see if it hangs over. Sometime I hit tight trails and rub the back of the atv. Thanks

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Thanks, now I'm even more interested!

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are more pictures of the fuel pack system for the Sportsman 2005-2012 & Sportsman XP 2009-2012. It is a nice set up for someone who wants to have the fuel option when needed. They carry 1.5 gallons. These will not work with rear boxes. because of the size and type of mounts they use. They can be mounted on either side of the unit. Any other questions feel free to ask! Now its time to install some fender flares.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No because the rear hand grips use that one hole. I am also not sure the distance between the holes is the same as the 1 up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. Guess I'll just have to mount the fuel on the front rack. Was hoping I could avoid drilling, but at least it will work.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Replace the lock & ride with bolts, nuts & washer, trim the plastic around them and add the strap to keep them level.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Kolpin vs. Rotopax

Thor, I recall you were more of a RotoPax fan. Since you are also selling the Kolpin cans, are you satisfied they have addressed the leaking issues from a year or two ago?

Will one of these mounts work with a composite rear rack extender on the XP 550? I am guessing that will be in the way. I am reluctant to remove it. I may be more in the market for your front rack idea. Uugghh... decisions.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts