Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks!

Kolpin is excited and proud to support PolarisATVforums.com! We are thrilled to FINALLY offer an easy & fast way to attach accessories to your Polaris and so happy to be here to join the conversation.

Thanks for having us!!

Kolpin Crew

Check out our all new KXP System designed specifically for Polaris ATV's!!
KXP Accessories

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:cowboy: And I have your system on the front of my 800!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi Welcome as a new supporting vendor. We will be interested to hear if Kolpin is aware of some of the criticism of its fuel packs and whether those have been adressed with a newer design. I am EXTREMELY interested is seeing if your new Polaris specific design will allow fuel packs to be mounted on the newer 550/850 Touring models. Keep us posted with good product developments. People on this site are committed to improving their rides and accessories are common topics of discussion. Some good threads on extra gas storage as the newer Polaris models are thirsty and internal tanks on some models limited. Welcome and good success with business from this site.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey Big Jonh! Thanks for the post and your comments!

Actually Kolpin is very aware of the issues/criticism with the old style fuel tanks and we have not taken those issues lightly. In fact, we have moved our molds to a government certified plastics supplier, that uses state of the art nano technology, to ensure that we meet or surpass the government standards. By teaming up with a “gas can” supplier, Kolpin has been able to reduce emissions to help protect our environment and is now certified by the EPA, CARB, and the CPSC (child protection…). We are currently the only ATV fuel pack supplier to meet all of these standards withour redesigned tanks. All tanks are using a patented, hi-tech, spill proof spout, that consists of a self venting and auto shut off feature, that will store inside of the fuel tanks. This new design does remedy the past issues.

We are also very excited because YES - our new KXP plunger system now allows our fuel packs to be mounted on any sportsman, Ranger or RZR that has the lock & ride system. With the new KXP System any of our Kolpin bracketed accessories can now be easily attached to Polaris ATV's and side x sides! We will be continuously adding new accessories to the line up throughout 2011 and beyond.

We will be posting more information in the days to come, but if you have any questions please never hesitate to give us a shout!

Have a great weekend!

·
Registered
488 Posts
I looked at a Kolpin ATV gas can today while at Gander Mountain. I must admit that I didn't buy it because of the reputation for leaking out on the trail. How would I know if it is an old design can or the new one? To me personally the larger Kolpin can is more desirable because of its larger capacity over the competition, but the leak issue stops me in my tracks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Glad to hear that Kolpin is listening. I think the last post makes an important point. How will we know when we are buying the new designed tanks? If it works you will get support here !!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey any plans for a bracket using the kxp mount for front rack on polaris xp. I would like to see some thing which would hold two jr.fuel packs on the front rack.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hi Welcome as a new supporting vendor. We will be interested to hear if Kolpin is aware of some of the criticism of its fuel packs and whether those have been adressed with a newer design. I am EXTREMELY interested is seeing if your new Polaris specific design will allow fuel packs to be mounted on the newer 550/850 Touring models. Keep us posted with good product developments. People on this site are committed to improving their rides and accessories are common topics of discussion. Some good threads on extra gas storage as the newer Polaris models are thirsty and internal tanks on some models limited. Welcome and good success with business from this site.
Big John said it well...I also am interested in a lock-&-ride accessory fuel tank specifically for the Polaris Touring models. I don't want to drill holes in my front box, and strapping it behind the rear seat (over a hot muffler) doesn't excite me either. Incidentally, has the leaky fuel pack issue been fixed? Best wishes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Happy Monday Everyone!

Great question in regards to our redesigned fuel packs - most of the big box retailers (Gander, Cabela's, Bass Pro) should all have current inventory of our new fuel packs, as well as online retailers as typically they are drop shipped directly from our factory. Of course, if you are still concerned you can always give us a shout and purchase directly from us. Also, if you have already purchased an older style pack and had any issues PLEASE call our customer service team (877.9KOLPIN) and we can get you taken care of right away!

Thanks so much for the great feedback, comments and opportunity for us to respond directly - much appreciated!

Sincerely,
Kolpin Crew :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
We actually have already designed a KXP Fuel pack Bracket so you can easily attach a fuel pack jr (or if you have two brackets - the large fuel pack) to your front or rear rack with no drilling! Our KXP plungers work with the existing lock & ride racks and actually you can even interchange our KXP plungers with any existing lock & ride accessories ... they can be used instead of the Polaris plungers.

Here is the KXP fuel pack bracket, we also have utility grips and gun boot brackets that can be attached to your rack without drilling.

I will post more info as well as a link to video later today about the new KXP system.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yea I looked at that mount on your site. It looks like they mount the tank so that they stand up. I'm looking to lay the fuel tanks flat on the front rack side by side a cross the rack. It would be nice to use the KXP system with the lock and ride holes to mount the fuel tanks flat on the front rack.

·
Registered
30 Posts
We currently do not have a solution using the KXP plungers to allow the attachment of the fuel pack jr's flat to your rack (without the bracket), but our product engineers have started to look into that as a possible option. I am not sure when, or if, that will be available but we will definitely post it here as soon as it is a 'for sure' option.

If you have any other ideas for accessory options, please feel free to let us know about them - we greatly value user input on all our product offerings!

Thanks so much!

Kolpin Crew

·
Registered
224 Posts
We currently do not have a solution using the KXP plungers to allow the attachment of the fuel pack jr's flat to your rack (without the bracket), but our product engineers have started to look into that as a possible option. I am not sure when, or if, that will be available but we will definitely post it here as soon as it is a 'for sure' option.

If you have any other ideas for accessory options, please feel free to let us know about them - we greatly value user input on all our product offerings!

Thanks so much!

Kolpin Crew
A bracket that would hold two jr. fuel pack flat which mounts using the KXP system would be great. The bracket that a see on your web site looks like it mounts in the up right position. Do you have a bracket that mount flat and holds jr. fuel packs?

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have an idea for the gas can. Make one that is molded to fit perfectly inside the Polaris Lock and Ride cargo box.

·
Registered
30 Posts
We currently do not have a bracket that allows for the fuel jrs to mount flat on a Polaris composite rack but it is a great ideas - as well as the idea to be able to store within the storage box. We will pass these comments along to product development team and keep you posted if we can make them turn into reality.

Keep the ideas coming!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I myself have 2 Kolpin 4 gallon gas packs, have had no issues with either leaking once I put the supplied gasket on correctly (brain fart). Am very happy with them. Just wondering if you have a pack mount that will hold 2 four gallon packs stacked on top of each other. My friends are cheap and I usaully carry the gas.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts