Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Koplin gun boot question

Can anyone tell me for sure if the Koplin Gun Boot 6.0 Impact will fit in the polaris 850 gun boot mounting kit? I'd like to replace the Koplin IV that comes with the Polaris kit. The 6.0 looks much easier to get at the gun. TNX

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Well...if the 850 mount has the same rings as my X2 mount, the answer is "no". The Kolpin 6.0 scabbard has a bubble sticking out on the barrel part of it that won't clear the smaller ring.

Sean

·
Registered
15 Posts
I measured the gunboat 6.0 and my polaris mount. It looks like I need 1.5 inches added or the lower loop. I'm going to cut it and weld in some rod. I think it will work fine then

--md

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I measured the gunboat 6.0 and my polaris mount. It looks like I need 1.5 inches added or the lower loop. I'm going to cut it and weld in some rod. I think it will work fine then

--md
I was thinking of cutting the bottom loop (make it into a U) and using a Velcro or rubber strap to hold the boot in (maybe weld some loops onto the ends, where I cut it). Once that wide part passes the loop, won't there be a lot of extra room in the bottom loop if you make it larger?

Sean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts