Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kxp fuel pack keeps falling off my sportsman 570. It's like the rubber plugs are too short and they pop out after a little rough ridding and I loose my fuel pack. Is Anyone elso having this issue. Now my fuel pack :bam:is all scuffed up from flying off the bike 3 times on last ride. And that was my first ride with the tank.

I called kolpin and they r asking me to send in picks of the mounts.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
can you post a couple of pics of the mounts here?.. just wondering if yours are like the ones I got with my two up box from the atv super store.. If so, there's a nut on the bottom of the plug that you either tighten or loosen to mushroom the plunger.. By doing that when you put the mounts into the locked position it mushrooms even more inside the lock n' ride hole and that's what holds it securely.. Either that or I wonder if you need spacers to get the plug deeper into the holes?.. Any metal washers will do as spacers.. Hope this makes sense..

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I have the Kolpin gun / tool holders with the Kolpin mounts....... not the best. I actually think solid rubber is better then a ribbed plug for staying put. As for my fuel pack jr. mount.... I bolted it to my rear seat/cargo box.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts