Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a trip with friends next month so did a little pre ride. We started in Goodman and rode north to Florance and Had a little Lunch. Did not start with a trail map but got one on the way. Had my GPS but it was not mounted and was not very handy. Will have GPS mounted before next trip. We checked the mileage and both Scrambler 500s got right at 20 mpg and the Sportsman 700 got just a tick less. Brought extra gas but did not need it. Found out my buddys cooler bag on his Sportsman was not water proof and he had a wet seat to prove it. I guess I like the fact it is way cheaper to atv then it is to snowmobile. We ended up riding a 100 miles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
wow...and I was surprised to see that my group did 60. I thought that was far enough, but looks like I have a ways to go to catch up to you. We were up on the Dusty Trails in Oconto County.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tell you what, I am looking for a Sportsman because I think that wider seat will fit my Wider seat better.:yahoocool: I have ridden off road parks all day before and never got sore but 100 miles in one day is a little different. Last year we did 200 miles on the sled in one day and I felt pretty good. I am over 50 and no little guy.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Last Saturday me and the wife rode from Gillett to Wabeno and back. Put on about 89 miles. Only stopped in Wabeno for a little break. We are planning on trying to go from either Gillett or Moutain and ride to Wisconsin/Michigan board and back in a day..

The buddy I ride with has a 550xp and I don't know how he can ride more than 60 miles on that thing, seat seems skinny. I really like the 500's ride and seat better.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Last Saturday me and the wife rode from Gillett to Wabeno and back. Put on about 89 miles. Only stopped in Wabeno for a little break. We are planning on trying to go from either Gillett or Moutain and ride to Wisconsin/Michigan board and back in a day..

The buddy I ride with has a 550xp and I don't know how he can ride more than 60 miles on that thing, seat seems skinny. I really like the 500's ride and seat better.
how are the trails in wabeno and gillet im only 35 miles away and havent gotton down there to ride yet.

·
Registered
348 Posts
We've only taken the one trail that goes to Wabeno that goes from Mountain. Forest County trails aren't to bad, maybe a little better than Oconto Counties. Forest county is opening up 600 miles of trail that will be maintained by the county, which so far is pretty good. If you drop in Gillett, you have to drive down the road about a mile to get onto the trail. Those trails can get dusty quick and more sandy than dirt.

·
Registered
218 Posts

Your joking right. That XP you could ride for a year and not get tired. Nothing skinny about the seat where the butt sets. Little narrower in front if you need to hold on.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'm just saying I don't think I would want to ride 60miles straight on his. He has no problem riding all day on it.

·
Registered
877 Posts
switch

I'm just saying I don't think I would want to ride 60miles straight on his. He has no problem riding all day on it.
xp's never want to stop riding

switch with him for a few miles u will sell the 500 and get a xp
the front of the seat is alot skinnier but for a good reason
ever get off a quad and feel like ur legs are gonna fall off
i dont anymore :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
xp's never want to stop riding

switch with him for a few miles u will sell the 500 and get a xp
the front of the seat is alot skinnier but for a good reason
ever get off a quad and feel like ur legs are gonna fall off
i dont anymore :)
If you didn't notice before, I did say I rode it and will not be selling it for an XP anytime soon. Maybe if the wife wants to get her own, then I think about it!!:naughty:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts