Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2012 era machines had a definite limitation for tire size, but I'm curious if anybody has any insight to share as to the 2015 model and running a 27" tire like a Vampire II?

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
To my knowledge that tire should fit on stock rims if the bracket is removed, bent, cut, or modified for the clearance needed.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The later models don't have the same bracket. I think I'll be fine, but may have to remove some plastic ribbing.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checking back to see if anyone is running 27's on their later model touring without rub issues. I'm about to make the tire purchase.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Just for a point of reference but I'm running 27's on a '12 touring without bracket mods and no rubbing whatsoever.

Mark

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely a size difference. I got the rears mounted up and installed yesterday. I hope to do the fronts today. I have 6psi in them now, but think I'll end up running slime and dropping down to 4 psi or so. I will try for more pics, but clearance does not look to be a major concern. On decent compression there may be some contact with the plastic but it is difficult to tell at this point. I might hook a trailer to it and load the tongue heavy to squat it down.

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No apparent rub/buzz issues with 27" Vampire 2 on 2015 Touring using stock wheels and we rode it plenty hard this weekend. I've yet to wash it up and inspect, but I heard nothing that would indicate a rub.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts