Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 95 Sportsman 400 4x4, one owner little old man, very well maintained, it sat for two years, I got it fired up, did some maintenance on it, rode it for around three miles, everything worked great. Came out the next day and there was around a three inch round 2 cycle oil puddle under the quad. I see no leaks anywhere near the injector pump or oil tank. The oil is dripping from behind the motor, behind the clutch assembly. Anyone have any idea where this is coming from??? The injector pump is at the front of the motor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled the entire clutch assembly and apparently there is an oil line that goes from the injection pump to the intake that is not mentioned at all in the service manual. It was broke, hence the 2 cycle oil leak. . .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the information. One of my machines is also a '95 Sportsman 400. It has been dependable and its lightweight is great for treading lightly where I don't want deep ruts on my trails.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Make sure its not the injection line going into carb that's leaking, will starve engine for oil and try to seize.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts