Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks like I have a leak again. Could someone tell me what I need to do to take care of this? It seems to be dripping from the shaft area. There is a little puddle underneath it. Thanks for any help.
Sean IMG_0263.JPG

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Seal Kit

Replace the seal thats there on front diff
Going to order a seal kit from john deere. Part # MIA10654. I've read on here that it is compatible with my 07 sportsman & cheaper. I was hoping there was some kind of spray sealant [quick fix] that would work but had second thoughts.

·
11,162 Posts
"Looks like I have a leak again."
What did you do to it before this time?
You'll need at least a seal for sure. Is the drive line vibrating? Play in the pinion bearing?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Looks like I have a leak again."
What did you do to it before this time?
You'll need at least a seal for sure. Is the drive line vibrating? Play in the pinion bearing?
There was a little vibration but nothing drastic. No play in the pinion bearing. What I did before was just clean around the area with a cloth & changed the fluid. It stopped leaking after that at least for a couple of months. I'm going to replace all the seals this time. Anything else I should look for?
thanks

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Make sure shaft that seal rides on doesnt have a big groove in it.,
I'll be sure to look it over. Man I hope it doesn't because that could be spendy. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts