Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i got the LEDGLOW 6 piece million color led kit for a quad i have a polaris predator 500... But i am confused how to install this and i have no idea how to do anything with electrical stuff... It basically has a box with a red wire and black wire they say connect the red wire to the battery and ground the black wire but how can i connect the wire and ground the wire so that they actually stay connected to the battery and wherever i ground the other wire to when im riding? cause its just wire... it also says put a 5 amp fuse within 3 inches of the power source im confused there as well.. it doesnt say what kind of amp fuse or what to do specifically... it also comes with tiny tiny screws that they say u can drill holes to mount the led tubes but where and how would i drill holes to mount these? they give u double side tape but really that aint gonna hold these on when you ride... thanks and sorry i don't understand any of this stuff to good..

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Hello,

Well, I suggest all connections be soldered. Connections not soldered are prone to corrosion and breaks form the constant movement of the machine. Radio Shack can get you what you need for the soldering. They can also answer questions. YOU TUBE has videos on how to do that as well.

As for HOW, you can get crimp connections at auto parts stores. (These can be soldered after crimped)

Auto store will also have ''inline'' fuse holders. Look for a waterproof variety. The fuses used for any auto will work just fine. You are likely to find the flat spade style. You are OK with the std or the tiny variety.

Drill holes for the screws, use the light as a template for position. Actually, I would use the tape to hold them in position for the screws then you will have tape AND screws holding the lights...

Good luck,
CW

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I will probably use a wire connector and put them directly to the battery and ziptie the leds to the frame rather then actually screwing them in as the screws are very tiny and probably wont work well

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Thanks I will probably use a wire connector and put them directly to the battery and ziptie the leds to the frame rather then actually screwing them in as the screws are very tiny and probably wont work well
I recommend you buy a small fire extinguisher and keep it with you on the quad... NOT running fuses is a sure chance of burning up your wheeler if you have a short...

CW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts