Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
So I have a 2018 570x2.
I’m looking to wiring up a 14” light bar on the front bumper.
The light bar comes with a wiring harness and it already has a switch, fuse and relay pre-wired.
I’m just not sure if I should take the red(+) to the battery and cut the switch out and tie into the high.

Can anyone just tell me the best way to wire this guy up so I get full power to all the lights

·
Registered
114 Posts
The main power to the relay should come direct from the Battery - you can use the factory switch to control the relay by splicing into the high beam feed without issue and then a good ground and your all set

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thank you for replying back.
So red wire with the fuse to the battery. Black wire to the - side of the battery. Then the factory switch that came with the light bar cut that out and splice (the blue wire) in with the the wire the feed the high beams (after the hi/low switch on the handle bars.)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Awesome thank you for replying back.
So red wire with the fuse to the battery. Black wire to the - side of the battery. Then the factory switch that came with the light bar cut that out and splice (the blue wire) in with the the wire the feed the high beams (after the hi/low switch on the handle bars.)
Take the front rack off then the plastic cover thats over the battery and under the pod light. There are 2 orange & white wires with female spade connectors.They are both keyed.
A 12" bar can be anywhere between 36w to 100w+ depending on the led.
Heres another way to do it.Which means you dont have an extra switch to deal with.
relay (30) to fuse to Battery
relay (87)to LED
relay (86) to oem highbeam wire (which has its own fuse)
relay (85) to ground
I disconnected my pod light because with the bar ,its ABSOLUTELY useless.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well thank you very much sir.
I’m going to go out and start the install.
Thanks again. Hopefully I can post some pic of it all finished up

·
Registered
4 Posts
Take the front rack off then the plastic cover thats over the battery and under the pod light. There are 2 orange & white wires with female spade connectors.They are both keyed.
A 12" bar can be anywhere between 36w to 100w+ depending on the led.
Heres another way to do it.Which means you dont have an extra switch to deal with.
relay (30) to fuse to Battery
relay (87)to LED
relay (86) to oem highbeam wire (which has its own fuse)
relay (85) to ground
I disconnected my pod light because with the bar ,its ABSOLUTELY useless.
So if I am trying to wire my light bar to the orange/white accessory wire, do I need to cut the positive wire from the relay and wire it to the accessory wire that way? I’m using a Nilight 1 lead wiring harness with the relay she switch to a 2007 sportsman 500

·
Registered
807 Posts
So if I am trying to wire my light bar to the orange/white accessory wire, do I need to cut the positive wire from the relay and wire it to the accessory wire that way? I’m using a Nilight 1 lead wiring harness with the relay she switch to a 2007 sportsman 500
Yes,,,Should be 30 on the relay
Heres the link from where I figured it out with help from forum members

1 - 9 of 9 Posts