Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add some LED light bars to my machines. 2014 Sportsman 570 and 2017 Sportsman 850. Looking for input on brands, and singles vs duallys. Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

·
Premium Member
7,681 Posts
I went with a Rigid Industries E-Series 10" flood LED light bar. LED lights are a great investment.

·
Registered
63 Posts
This light bar cost me $30 including the wiring harness, I think the mounting brackets cost me $39 and I've hit trees and pushed trees over with this. It does sit out a bit from the front bar and is the first point of contact with anything in the way but can't complain with it for the price. 22 inch. Also I didn't wire it to the high beam as the high beam/handle bar pod light is behind where my gun sits, so it is connected to the low beam headlights.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,765 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hope I'm not hijacking your thread but I was about to ask the same thing.

I've had this in my watch list for quite some time, just haven't decided whether to buy it or not:

126W 20INCH CREE LED WORK BAR LIGHT OFFROAD TRUCK LAMP 4WD COMBO free wiring kit | eBay

The original lights were clouded, cracked, fixed with RTV, had HB2 bulbs in them, etc. So I installed some of those Blazer 55 watt auxiliary lights. I've been looking for something to go between the lights to use as a high beam and I think the one above will do the trick.

However I have a concern. The shop manual says the alternator (magneto?) on my 1997 Polaris Xplorer is only rated for 150 watts.

This light bar says 126 watts but is that true wattage or the incandescent equivalent?

I wouldn't imagine the ignition system would pull more than 24 watts.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Im going with a 12in auxbeam based on what Ive heard it sounds like a decent light for cheap money..

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have a 12 inch AUX beam and it has been very reliable and bright. Has been under water many times and took a rollover all without breaking. Very happy with it for $25.00

1 - 11 of 11 Posts