Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Tank. He's a 18 mo old boxer. He's my buddy. He love his ball and to ride in the truck and to howl when he hears the turbo spool. He also thinks has 110 lb lap dog Lol. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337561508.247782.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337561522.967237.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337561543.829235.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337561572.646859.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337561584.719660.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while drinking a spotted cow

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
This is Dexter! He's a Welsh Corgi/Basenji mixed mutt I rescue from a local shelter after my first deployment. I've had him 3 years now and what a handful they have been. Unfortunately I can't take him up into the mountains when I quad cause I go way too fast for him to keep up, but during the break in period he had a ball chasing me around for a first few hours. Slept ALL the way home!

Oh...and most people ask, he was named after Dexter in the laboratory cartoon.......however the serial killer is much more fitting as he finds things randomly and just destroys them beyond recognition.

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amdforever thank you for your service to this great country.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
This is Bailey, a 5lb. Yorkie - rescued from a shelter in "09. Can you imagine anyone mistreating her? At about 5 years old, she is just always wanting to go.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
We just lost a few months ago, but one who holds a very special place in my heart. He picked us, we didn't pick him.

His name was Cooter.

He had just been brought in by animal control. We were told they had been attempting to catch him for 4 months. He had been living in the woods, on his own, in the dead of winter in very northern Michigan. He kept getting the food, but avoiding the trap, he was one smart dog.

He was very independent, and very undomesticated. I miss the little fellow.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Definately sorry for your loss Blueline! I lost mine a year and half ago. He was an american bulldog mix. His name was Samson/ [Sammy]

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Thanks guys! Didn't mean to pull this thread down. I just miss the little guy. He was never a dog that liked being on a leash, playing fetch, being petted, etc.

But watching him do "hound dog" things running leash free on 2.5 acres of rugged, natural land, basking in the sunlight on a hot rock, playing in the pond and chasing the ducks, and being part of the pack of dogs also on the property always brought a smile to my face knowing he's not spending his remaining years in a concrete dog kennel at the pound. The vets estimate he was 11 or 12 when we had to put him down. We had him for 5 years.

The joke was if he had thumbs, he'd kill us all. He was that independent of all human contact. Although he was always excited to see us at feeding time. And he never left the property when he was leash free. Will all the hell he went through before he came into our lives, I know he is in a better place.

Anyway, thanks for letting me share! Hope to adopt another pound dog soon.

I sticked this thread. It's a fantastic idea. I'll update as things move along.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Minnie, Minnie Girl, G, Gigi

She's not mine, she's my best friend's dog, but I love her as if she was mine. She's 13 this year. Black Lab. I met them 6 years ago when I started my job as a commercial playground installer. He and I have become good friends and I get to see her every day, watching her get old has been great too.

I miss the days when I could throw the ball as far as I could, and she would go thundering away and bring it back, over and over. Now, you toss it ten feet once and she's happy.

Last year we thought we were gonna lose her, the day after my friend's birthday. One day, she couldn't walk, lost all control of her hind legs, but after going to the vet, found out her spine is fusing together. They gave her medicine, and she's doing better now. She's on medicine every day. She walks awkwardly, and can't go up or down stairs anymore, but she's still happy, and forgets she's old.

We travel all over New York State to parks, apartments, and schools building playgrounds. She has a knack for finding a ball at each job site. Before she became handicapped, she would wander around until she found a ball. Especially if we were at a park with baseball fields.

Her name is Minnie the Moocher Marino. We love her.

First one is from last year right before her episode. Second one is a couple years ago, rolling around. Third is her in the back seat of the truck, which is all hers, and sometimes she sleeps with her legs against the seat, silly girl. The fourth one is from a few years ago, her with her ball. I framed this picture for my friend for his birthday one year. He said he'll keep it forever.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
All of your alls dogs would eat mine for a treat...even the yorkie!!! Mine's a pug mutt polm. He's a little over 3 lbs. and is about the size of a beer can. I cannot start the wheeler or the lawn mower without him riding with me.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All of your alls dogs would eat mine for a treat...even the yorkie!!! Mine's a pug mutt polm. He's a little over 3 lbs. and is about the size of a beer can. I cannot start the wheeler or the lawn mower without him riding with me.
Tank would not eat your dog. He is very friendly with people and all dogs no matter their size.He plays with all sizes of dogs at doggy daycare. Just don't walk in my house or come near my truck with out being let in and all will be good.

1 - 20 of 293 Posts