Here's my current build!

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Finely got a shot of my 1000 without a bin on the back or the second seat!

Very nice.

Couple questions: 1. How much does your windshield cut the wind? 2. How did you end up covering the hole where the rear seat usually is?

Scott

Hi, the shield cuts the wind good. I can ride with my coat open from bottom up, I still need to have coat done up around my neck. It came off a 2007 Sportsman 800.

The whole cover I invented. Here’s my “Polaris A Hole Fix Video “ I had to figure out something as I almost fell in it. I sure love the longer track, the stability, compared to the single 1000 Xp. Now if they could combine that power feel of the single rider 1000 into the 2up frame, I’d be very happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
Finely got a shot of my 1000 without a bin on the back or the second seat!

Very nice.

Couple questions: 1. How much does your windshield cut the wind? 2. How did you end up covering the hole where the rear seat usually is?

Scott

Hi, the shield cuts the wind good. I can ride with my coat open from bottom up, I still need to have coat done up around my neck. It came off a 2007 Sportsman 800.

The whole cover I invented. Here’s my “Polaris A Hole Fix Video “ I had to figure out something as I almost fell in it. I sure love the longer track, the stability, compared to the single 1000 Xp. Now if they could combine that power feel of the single rider 1000 into the 2up frame, I’d be very happy.

He and thanks for responding...One other question: does the windshield block the wind from your face/eyes?

-Scott

·
Registered
295 Posts

He and thanks for responding...One other question: does the windshield block the wind from your face/eyes?

-Scott

Somewhat yes, but I still need to wear a street bike shoi helmet and safety glasses for the cold wind as I can’t use the shield on the helmet all the way closed due to fogging I use it half shut or 95% shut. I’ll wear the glasses with it full up. I wouldn’t want the shield any higher because I stand up a lot when I ride. The shield can easily brake the neck when standing and leaning forward when on inclines. But if you don’t have many hills then the new OEM shield that is made fits just right for the newer 1000 with the choice of shield hight( I think) would be the way to go. I simply put this shield on because we had an 800 and Dave didn’t like it so I used it because I don’t have hand warmers. I now have heater glove liners.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks for all the info! The Rubbermaid solution was interesting....:)

Also, which windshield are you referring to here: https://atv.polaris.com/en-us/shop/accessories/windshields/?

Scott

The one on my quad right now is this one
https://atv.polaris.com/en-us/shop/accessories/windshields/2878388/

The fit is not perfect but it works, I’ll post a pic so you can see close up the areas that are a bit off. It tight against the bucket. I may just need to do some adjusting? I’m pointing to the rub mark.

On the Polaris site they list the same one for the 2017, there must be a few new things done to help with the fit.

This one below, I like except I’m not feeling the mirrors. I like the mirrors I have.
I have not checked the shield hight. I would not want it any higher then the one on my quad now. Would be great if it was even an inch shorter, I thought I saw another shield some place else. One that a person could choose shield hight. Hmmm
http://m.atvwindshields.com/en_US/polaris_sportsman1000_xp_touring_2017_black_pearl_metallic_ps_15_model-p68079#top

If I had to buy a new one I would most likely choose the Polaris one listed here. I can tolerate the mid hight but I like the lower hight best. I like the grip protection and the little bit of wind off my chest. I wear a helmet so no concerns with face and eye wind, I also like stuffing my gloves behind the shield or resting my phone or camera which I stuff in a spare glove to charge up. The Chinese have come out with a storage area behind the shield. I don’t have the link but saw it in google images or amazon awhile ago. I may look back at those. If I feel the need to change what I have or if it brakes.

Below is my first choice
https://atv.polaris.com/en-ca/shop/accessories/windshields/2880540-070/

The shield which a person could pick heights is only for the 1000xp one up, Different headlight bucket.

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
A few pics of the 1000 all cleaned up with the new tires. Next is rad relocate and snorkel

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks for all the info! The Rubbermaid solution was interesting....:)

Also, which windshield are you referring to here: https://atv.polaris.com/en-us/shop/accessories/windshields/?

Scott

The one on my quad right now is this one
https://atv.polaris.com/en-us/shop/accessories/windshields/2878388/

The fit is not perfect but it works, I’ll post a pic so you can see close up the areas that are a bit off. It tight against the bucket. I may just need to do some adjusting? I’m pointing to the rub mark.

On the Polaris site they list the same one for the 2017, there must be a few new things done to help with the fit.

This one below, I like except I’m not feeling the mirrors. I like the mirrors I have.
I have not checked the shield hight. I would not want it any higher then the one on my quad now. Would be great if it was even an inch shorter, I thought I saw another shield some place else. One that a person could choose shield hight. Hmmm
Polaris Sportsman1000 XP Touring 2017 Black Pearl Metallic PS-15* Model

If I had to buy a new one I would most likely choose the Polaris one listed here. I can tolerate the mid hight but I like the lower hight best. I like the grip protection and the little bit of wind off my chest. I wear a helmet so no concerns with face and eye wind, I also like stuffing my gloves behind the shield or resting my phone or camera which I stuff in a spare glove to charge up. The Chinese have come out with a storage area behind the shield. I don’t have the link but saw it in google images or amazon awhile ago. I may look back at those. If I feel the need to change what I have or if it brakes.

Below is my first choice
https://atv.polaris.com/en-ca/shop/accessories/windshields/2880540-070/

I guess my big concern & question is the mid-height windshield's wind-blocking at speed going to take most of the wind off my chest and neck. And is that worth the visual obstruction of the top edge of the windshield (ie, does that bug people?).

201 - 220 of 237 Posts