Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mainly use my 01 sportsman 400 in snow and I was thinking about getting a 2in lift kit and possible wheel spacers, did anyone on here see an improvement riding in snow with a lift or wheel spacers, and will this cause any problems with my axes, hubs, bushings ect. I have 25 inch mud lites and everything else is stock

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
737 Posts
It will cause more wear and tear. The lift will put more strain on the axles being they are at a steeper angle. However the older bikes had pretty stout axles I ran a lift on both my 02 and 04 sportsmans. I only upgraded the front axles on the 04 700 as a precautionary measure. The wheel spacers will put more strain on the bushings and wheel bearings as they put the wheel farther out giving it more leverage. I am not real sure about in the snow but I know in the mud it makes a big difference. I would assume that the lift would help because you would have more ground clearance. I don't think the wheel spacers would matter much other than giving you a little more stability after installing the lift.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts