Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want a 3" lift with a rake, my choices are Catvos, SLC, and Outkast. They are all around the same price and i need help deciding which route to go. I would like arched arms also. Are any one of these lift better quality than the others? I've tried searching but haven't found anything comparing these lifts. This is for a 2013 Sportsman 850H.O. XP.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been looking at their work all afternoon, now they are at the top of my list. I emailed them and he says i can still run my factory axles with his 3" lift, if so i will be going with them. Thanks for the recommendation!

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I've been looking at their work all afternoon, now they are at the top of my list. I emailed them and he says i can still run my factory axles with his 3" lift, if so i will be going with them. Thanks for the recommendation!
Your welcome. Let me know if you do, and please, do a thread of the install with pics ok?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I haven't been able to find a kit that actually fits without issues so I'm back to stock....

Here are some pics of my last lift kit that was sent back. I've owned two of the three you listed above and both went back :)

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Here is another pic from another brand kit....the swaybar link tabs were installed in the wrong spot so it bent the swaybar links in about 2 minutes....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
You can run the factory axles in a parking lot, but I do not recommend running them on trails. You are better off selling your stock axles before you break them and get either gorilla or turner axles.

·
Registered
133 Posts
That sucks. Which two brands have you tried?
I dont want to bash any brands on the forum (yet) but I haven't tried the SLC lift kit :)

Honestly, I don't understand how some of these lift kit companies sell products....one of the kits I couldn't even bolt on it was so far off. And i've read other posts about issues with SLC and superlift kits too.

Does anybody make a lift kit with a rake that ACTUALLY fits nicely?

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have a rubberdowns custom lift. It is a 2.5'' lift and the rear arms are arched. If fir great and the service is great. However it isn't a rake kit. It also has grease zerks in it as well. I know you are looking for a raked kit but just wanted to throw it out there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have looked at rubber down customs, the only reason i want raked is for better stability cause my wife is usually riding with me and its really easy to pull the front end up and don't want to roll backwards when climbing out of a hole.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm liking the work I've seen in pictures from backwoods armor, and I've read that the 3 guys doing the fab work for them are military veterans so I'd love to help support them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm liking the work I've seen in pictures from backwoods armor, and I've read that the 3 guys doing the fab work for them are military veterans so I'd love to help support them.

Do they make a kit for a sportsman? All I see are rzr kits on their site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I emailed them Sunday and got a quick reply. 3" lift with 2" rake replaces all 8 arms with arched arms for $799

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah, I emailed them Sunday and got a quick reply. 3" lift with 2" rake replaces all 8 arms with arched arms for $799
Awesome! I wonder if they have swaybar link tabs....Guess i'll have to reach out to them this week....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Any update tattoo?

I forgot to post that Backwoods told me they only had an 8" lift kit.....I guess I have to call them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
They have made 3,5 and 8in lifts. Shop just flooded so they might be busy atm.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I emailed them on Monday, here's their response.........................
Btw, sway bar is eliminated.

Hi

We do make a 3" lift for the 850xp. It is 3" front/back height with a 2" rake with no forward. Unfortunately, we do not have cv boot guards available for this kit. Tubing size is 1.25" x 11 gauge. We do not include new ball joints or bushings, most people reuse their stock ones. Warranty includes lifetime replacement, as long as you send in damaged part first. Aftermarket axles are definitely recommended but stock axles can be used. As of right now, our turn around time on orders is 3-4 weeks. Your final price would be $799.99. That price includes shipping and any choice of color. I hope I answered all of your questions. Let us know if you need anything else.

Thank you!

Donna

BACKWOODS ARMOR LLC

Backwoodsarmor

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts