Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
I don't want to be a correction nazi, but I think you meant 2010 kit won't fit your 2012?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
A lift Will??? What next backs or OL's???lol

good luck with your search bro.
Pics when its done would be nice too.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Radial Reptiles Scott! OL Radials would be nice, a tad pricey though.
Pics will come for sure.
Was hunting a success?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Are you replacing axles with the lift? The amount of clearance you would gain i would just go bigger tires and forget the lift and save the axle breakage.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts

Pics will come for sure.
Was hunting a success?
No deer for me yet...wa,wa,waaa..2 shot in my group tho and first week of December is muzzle loader..so maybe I'll get lucky,Not looking forward to the 2 feet of snow up at the farm.
Got a turkey and few ducks/geese so I aight going hungry just yet..lol

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you replacing axles with the lift? The amount of clearance you would gain i would just go bigger tires and forget the lift and save the axle breakage.

But how big do you need to go to get the same clearance? I know someone with this lift running 28" Zillas that has not broken an axle yet!! He has 15" ground clearance with no one on the quad, and his is a 2011 500HO.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Pics will come for sure.
Was hunting a success?
No deer for me yet...wa,wa,waaa..2 shot in my group tho and first week of December is muzzle loader..so maybe I'll get lucky,Not looking forward to the 2 feet of snow up at the farm.
Got a turkey and few ducks/geese so I aight going hungry just yet..lol
You are not headed uo this weekend I hope? We are under a snow squall watch, supposed to get 35cm or more by the end of tomorrow.

·
Registered
319 Posts

But how big do you need to go to get the same clearance? I know someone with this lift running 28" Zillas that has not broken an axle yet!! He has 15" ground clearance with no one on the quad, and his is a 2011 500HO.
I run 28" tires that are actually 28" tires and have over 16" of ground clearance. the zillas run short an inch so they are smaller. I ran my stock axles for a long time with no problems but i would never chance a lift and the extra angles on the axles for the riding I do. I go to far out in the woods alone to risk breaking down trying to get a big deer.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I run 28" tires that are actually 28" tires and have over 16" of ground clearance. the zillas run short an inch so they are smaller. I ran my stock axles for a long time with no problems but i would never chance a lift and the extra angles on the axles for the riding I do. I go to far out in the woods alone to risk breaking down trying to get a big deer.
Thanks. I ride alone most of the time, so relisbility is important. Did you add a clutch kit? Do you hsve pics of yours? I want to upgrade my stock tires, and only wsnt to do it once.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
If you don't want to be changing axles, than a 27 or 28" tire with no lift is the way to go. You will also definately want a clutch kit. If you ride easy and cautious, you can get away without one, but it is not recommended. The clutch kit will restore your lost power, while improving your belt life.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts