Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
CATVOS can make pretty much anything you want. Just give them a call.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sportsmanx2

Mike here,like they say,anything over 2" will give you axel problems most likely.I have Gorrilla HD sprigs for a 3" lift and so far after about 700 miles only one axel problem on front.I think was due to being stuck and couldn't get the wheels turn straigt any at all and too much of a bind on it even blowing the bead on the tire.Would like a 6" lift and "A" arms with Gorrilla axels but don't like the price of about $1200.00.Good luck,MIke:cowboy:

·
Registered
161 Posts
?????

Phazor07,if you're gonna lift it why not?The 4" is about the same cost, because you will still need the "A" arms and axels if you don't want the axel:cowboy: problems,Mike

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
You will not want anything greater than a 3" if you trail ride at speed. It will burn up boots. A 4" to 6" is going to run you about $2,000 and is designed to be in mud/water to keep the axles cool. If you are trying to stay cheap than the 2" is as much as you will want to go without having to upgrade your axles. RDC makes a good 2" lift with the option of a 3" for a couple more $.

·
Registered
161 Posts
wow!!!

lostcause,Mike here.I don't remember who I priced the 6" lift from @ about $1200.00 but I know it's been awhile.Didn't realize they are that much now.Who is that from? Good talking to you again,Mike:cowboy:

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
The Gorilla 6" kit is $1995 straight from Gorilla. Here is the link to their big lifts.

Gorilla Axle, Inc.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Damn

Thanks "lostcause" for the responce.I think thats a bit toooooo much,don.t you.I like my 3" lift and clearance of 14.5".If I get stuck I just hope I'm with other riders like us,"No Rider Left Behind" or pull out the winch and if needed get the 25' tow strap. Still gonna have fun.Till then;:welcome::cowboy:Mike

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
For me yes it is too much money and too much lift. I ride mostly mud/water where it is a game of ground clearance and still would not run a lift that big. It is just not as fun. You have to be really easy on the bike, have to travel at low speeds, and if you don't hit mud/water very frequently to cool off the boots, they will rip. Largest I would go on these sportsmans with the strut setup is 3" and on the XP's I would go 4". Anything bigger than that and your riding style/terrain are limited. I have a 2" on mine with HD springs and 29.5 outlaws and can get through almost any mud hole I come to, and then can still whip it around trails when I am not in the company of other mud riders.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Whip It?

lost cause,I agree 100%.Thats how we ride,whatever comes our way and if we can't find some mud and water we go hunting for it.My wife likes the trails more than I do but we still have fun.The girls may go one way and guys go to the holes,ponds or creek.I may zip it around trails,but I don't know about whipping it:hmmm: I'm only at 155lbs.and thats quite a bit of weight at 728lbs.of bike.Our moto is "No Rider Left Behind" even the unknown.:cowboy:Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts