Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ATV Newbie with 17 Sportsmen XP 1000 touring (798 lbs)

I know this post should be posted under the maintenance forum but I thinking this thread knows whats under my ATV.

Can anybody recommend Lift /Stand for my ATV? Or should I be lifting up the front and back separately to do maintenance like I do vehicles. I see ATV Lift /Stands everywhere and they appear to make sense. I need access in order to perform the standard owners manual maintenance. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,507 Posts
I picked up a Derek Weaver motorcycle lift table for less than $1000. If I remember right it was about $900 shipped to my door with the side extensions. Air operated at 100PSI capable of 1000lbs. It does take up room in the shop, but really saves my back.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies going to have to do something. I saw the ones at Harbor freight and that's what sort-of started this discussion. I think it makes sense at least for me to invest in a lift/Stand that has a dual purpose especially if its hydraulic/air operated like a lifting a ATV and a snowmobile.

·
Registered
718 Posts
A few years ago,(BY accident:grin) I picked up a iDEAL 2200 lb Motorcycle ATV Electric Hydraulic Lift with UTV kit from discount ramps for under $2000.The main reason I got it was i hit RED Line Lifts up for a price match.Iv done business with them before so wanted to stick with them. But their reply was
If that's their price you should give them your money as quickly as possible and hope they don't change their mind. I'm at $2560 shipped with a UTV kit if you order on our website. I might can come off that a little, but no parts of $2100 minus another 15% for Fathers day. That' the deal of the century./QUOTE] With that said I bought it. It's a BIG nut but well worth it IMO .You do have to have the real estate in your shop,which I do.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After looking at the Ideal site, suggested by Duse, I'm thinking one power lift with attachments? A table lift for for some maintenance jobs and a center stand lift (undercarriage) for other jobs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts