Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new on here and would like your opinion on whether this will even work or not. i have a 06 6x6 sportsman and would like to put a 2 in lift on the front and 27s. My questions are; will a regular sportsman 500 lift fit and will this increase the pull on the front end?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
737 Posts
I believe you can buy a front lift kit only. If you are lifting it to fit he tires you can get forward a arms for more clearance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks again

I'm just looking to increase the pull on the front end. If anyone has any more suggestions let me know
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
A regular sportsman 500 lift should work on the front. Are you looking to add 27" tires just to the front or the entire machine? With an older 6x6 you are always going to have some push in the handling. Meaning that the rear wheels (since you have four) are always going to push the front of the atv around and it is going to be harder to steer. One thing that may help would be some front heavy duty springs in the front and some good traction tires up front. Just a thought. Maybe some others with some experience may chime in.
Your thought of bigger tires up front may not be a bad idea. Just make sure you do not use Awd while on hard packed surfaces such as asphalt and such.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much again. i just broke my chain on the 6x6 though so that will halt improvements. i may also begin a search for a polaris with a drive shaft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts