Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2015 Scrambler 1kxp and am wanting to add some extra lighting, the pod lights from polaris are good.... but the dual row 24' light bar on my bench will be better. Im wanting to tie into the pods so it will common with the brites and pods, will that be to much land on the circuit ? id prefer not to have in install another switch.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have a 24 inch connected to my high beams so it comes on with my pod and High beams. Been about a month and no problems yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I wouldn't wire it directly to the pod/high beam, but rather wire it via "relay" to power on with the pod/high beam. Just use the battery as the power supply and the pod/high beam as the switch power.....and you shouldn't have any issues!

·
Registered
819 Posts
I wouldn't wire it directly to the pod/high beam, but rather wire it via "relay" to power on with the pod/high beam. Just use the battery as the power supply and the pod/high beam as the switch power.....and you shouldn't have any issues!
The pod has a relay connected to it so I decided not to put another but it wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The pod has a relay connected to it so I decided not to put another but it wouldn't hurt.

i agree that adding a relay is not needed as the wiring to the pod already has a relay. i see tons of scramblers with their light bars powered off the high beam wires with no issues. i don't see the point in adding more wiring than you need or the need of adding an additional switch to power the light bar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts