Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to order and install a 7 inch slim light bar from superbrightled. I dont have a brushguard so I will be mounting it right on the stock front bumper.
I installed led bulbs in my headlights to save on power draw and I like the white light look. They arent as bright as I want so that is the reason for the small light bar and also the limited space where I'm mounting it.
I plan on either using a switch and mounting it where the choke cut out is or splicing into highbeam.
Are there any cons to splicing into highbeam?
Do I need a relay? I've read numerous threads and some say yes some say no.
Does anyone have a harness that they used that they can get a part number for? I'm over thinking this like I always do, just need a little guidance lol.

This is the light, that is where I will be mounting. (Not my quad in pic)

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Depending on the model ATV you have, look to see if you have open terminals in the compartment under and in front of the headlights where the fuses are. My 570 had two open wire taps. Tap into an open terminal connection and run a fused switch to a covenant spot . I believe they even make fuses that you can tap a wire into and install it in the fuse box. Now that Iv'e said that, I'm not sure if they make them in the mini fuse size. Might want to check on that. I would not splice into a wire loom if I could do it some other way. Even running a wire off the battery terminal is much better than splicing. Can't help you on the relay question.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
My opinion for what it's worth is to wire it with a relay. I will always use a relay from the battery with the switch for the lights on a keyed 12v source. The lights are only on when the machine is running or with the key on.

You can get a relay kit from Amazon or whatever your favorite retailer is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2017 sportsman 570. I think I'll wire it with its own switch rather than splicing into highbeam. I dont have a problem using a relay, just wasn't sure if it was needed. I'll take a look at harnesses and switches at advance auto or maybe superledlights website.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm about to order and install a 7 inch slim light bar from superbrightled. I dont have a brushguard so I will be mounting it right on the stock front bumper.
I installed led bulbs in my headlights to save on power draw and I like the white light look. They arent as bright as I want so that is the reason for the small light bar and also the limited space where I'm mounting it.
I plan on either using a switch and mounting it where the choke cut out is or splicing into highbeam.
Are there any cons to splicing into highbeam?
Do I need a relay? I've read numerous threads and some say yes some say no.
Does anyone have a harness that they used that they can get a part number for? I'm over thinking this like I always do, just need a little guidance lol.

This is the light, that is where I will be mounting. (Not my quad in pic)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts