Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2000 325 magnum that I was looking to upgrade the lighting on. Either add ons, fog/driving lights, hid etc. Anyone done anything similiar? A buddy gave me two brand new 4 inch 130w lights but Im thinking I cant run those with the stock electrical system. Any thoughts or ideas appreciated. Thx Cory.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I added a set of 55 watt lights when I put my front bumper on. It's nice to have extra lighting. Sometimes I have stuff on my front rack that blocks the high beam in the pod. With my extra set I can still have ample lighting without the pod. I used a Warn waterproof switch on the side of the tank plastic as there was more room there. Its forward so it can be accessed by removing the front panel. I ran the hot lead direct from the battery. So they work without turning the key on.
I know you probably don't have the bumper, but you should be able to rig up a mount somehow for more lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I added a set of 55 watt lights when I put my front bumper on. It's nice to have extra lighting. Sometimes I have stuff on my front rack that blocks the high beam in the pod. With my extra set I can still have ample lighting without the pod. I used a Warn waterproof switch on the side of the tank plastic as there was more room there. Its forward so it can be accessed by removing the front panel. I ran the hot lead direct from the battery. So they work without turning the key on.
I know you probably don't have the bumper, but you should be able to rig up a mount somehow for more lights.
Nice setup, your correct no bumper but the rest looks similiar. Where did you get the lights? I'd have to figure out a way to mount them either to the rack or somewhere else.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,885 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the lights and the waterproof switch here....
Welcome to Montana Jack's ATV Outpost & Supply
Hey, I have to thank you. I looked at the website where you bought your lights and I ordered a set. They came last week and this weekend I was upstate for deer season and caught a mild friday so I installed them. Installtion was a breeze, directions were straightforwrd, wiring and switches all included, needed nothing from me but time and tools. They add just the right amount of light that I was looking for. This spring I'll probably relocate them but the universal bracket should make it a snap. Thx Again, Cory.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Glad I could help. It's nice to have extra light isn't it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts