Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I have noticed when plowing is that if I am not paying close attention while raising the plow with the winch, that I could either damage the pusher bars on the plow or the front end of the quad if the plow is lifted to high. I was thinking about adding a limit switch to the bottom of the quad that would trip if the plow frame hit it...and have an override in case I am just riding and stuck so that I would not lose use of the winch. Has anyone here done such a thing, and if so, could you fill me in on your experience?
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
555 Posts
One thing I have noticed when plowing is that if I am not paying close attention while raising the plow with the winch, that I could either damage the pusher bars on the plow or the front end of the quad if the plow is lifted to high. I was thinking about adding a limit switch to the bottom of the quad that would trip if the plow frame hit it...and have an override in case I am just riding and stuck so that I would not lose use of the winch. Has anyone here done such a thing, and if so, could you fill me in on your experience?
Thanks
Chris
Interesting idea... let us know if you do it, and how it works.

I just keep and eye on mine. I know where the upper limit is just by eyeballing it... even when it's angled. Too expensive not to pay attention to it.

I read where a guy uses a spare plow spring to attach to the plow and attaches the winch hook to the spring. Sounds like another good idea... at least there will be a little give in the spring if it hits.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Someone help me please I'm loking for a electrical Diagram of ATV Predador "500 TLD" and whou to unlock a CDI...It blocks a low speed +/- 60Km/h cut ignition.
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts