Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a really stupid question but there is a little black push button switch mounted on the handle bars close to the same area as the rocker on/off kill switch. Can someone please tell me wat this stupid little switch is for.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
That's the EJECT button, only push if you need to bail !

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
This is probably a really stupid question but there is a little black push button switch mounted on the handle bars close to the same area as the rocker on/off kill switch. Can someone please tell me wat this stupid little switch is for.
What are you riding? If it's an older model it could be the reverse override button. My '90 TB had that type of override button.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Don't. Ever. Push. The. Little. Black. Button.

·
Registered
455 Posts
maybe someone had installed a horn?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Every time someone's pushes that button an angel gets it's wings!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
:lmao:

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
DONT push that button...I was riding my son on the back..pushed it..still looking for him....

Like Clinebo said it could be the over ride button so when going in reverse you have power..what year is the machine

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm being serious people. I'm looking for a serious answer. And to clinebo I'm riding a 91 Polaris trail boss 250 2 stroke.

·
Registered
377 Posts
We don't have enough info to give you an answer.
Can you take a photo and post it? Zoom out far enough to show us what's around it, not just a fuzzy close-up of the button.
Where do the wires go? Follow them and you might get an answer.
If there's only one wire, then it grounds to the handlebar and even that might tell us something.

How do you turn off the engine? My old 2-stroke dirt bike had a kill button on the handlebar. when you press and hold the button does the engine die?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I'm being serious people. I'm looking for a serious answer. And to clinebo I'm riding a 91 Polaris trail boss 250 2 stroke.
If you want a serious answer then ask a serious question (like providing what year, make and model which you have finally provided). One thing you will find is you get a mix of seriousness and humor especially if you don't provide the required information in your question. Having attitude will only fuel the fire.

By the way, can anyone tell me what the size fuse is required on my car?

·
Registered
815 Posts
is it the reverse override? back up as fast as it will let you, it should start to spit and sputter. Then push and hold that button, should go faster.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
If you want a serious answer then ask a serious question (like providing what year, make and model which you have finally provided). One thing you will find is you get a mix of seriousness and humor especially if you don't provide the required information in your question. Having attitude will only fuel the fire.

Exactly.

OP snap a few pics. Not enough info.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
It's the reverse override button.....hold it in when backing up to override the rev limiter. It also engages the 4x4 in reverse.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have 2 little black buttons on my headlight pod, lets just say they're not factory!:rock:

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
LMAO. So it either kills the engine, makes it go faster, or makes a fairy. Way to clear it up guys. LMAO!

seriously though, you've proven a point that was part of my 11 yr olds home work a couple weeks ago. "Name a situation where it is difficult of impossible to determine the probability of the outcome." a situation where you don't have enough information to answer the question.

putting your machine in your signature is helpful, but pictures are far more helpful. Sounds like an RO switch to me. like it's been said. but it could also be after market.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
My first Polaris was a '90 TB 250 and that's where the override button is located on the old timers. You younger guys with new quads wouldn't know that unless you owned one at one time. Now they make it more visible with the bigger Yellow button that stands out.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts

Yes I can Kevin...One about that big

·
Registered
455 Posts
wth, I did give a serious answer...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts