Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of purchasing the Kolpin lounge cargo box for my 2014 Polaris Sportsman 400. I believe I will need to purchase a lock and ride kit to hold this on. My question is how strong are the lock and ride kits? I want to be able to take my son with me and I don't want it falling off. Please Help and thank you!!!!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
72 Posts
buy them off of Thor, his are longer than the oem one's... i tighten them till they can not close then back them off a little bit and i could probally pick the atv up by the box... doesn't move at all, very solid, i used 4, just be sure to position the box where you want it because i had to take the rear rack off to mark the hole's to be drilled on the box... looking at the price of the koplin lounger i would look at Thor's selection also...

Polaris Lock And Ride Mounts - Long (one pair)

·
Registered
282 Posts
I built a rear rack for 550 and connected it with the standard lock and ride fasteners. It is very solid and I agree that I could probably pick up the back of the machine with them. Cost about $27.00 each from Polaris in Ontario.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much walleyeslammer, and TIP I appriciate you taking the time to answer my question. Now I feel like I have a plan to follow and proceed with my next project.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts