Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post. hello everyone! I have a 08 polaris sportsman touring model and was wondering if anyone has any feedback on this particular trunk or if someone has a better solution or custom mount they might share. I'm a hunter and my lady nor my son (too young) will be hunting w me so there is no need For the seat. I'd prefer for it to be flat like the regular ramp but I'm open to suggestions.

http://i42.tinypic.com/166c31d.jpg

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you want it flat, you may do like I did with my '08 Model T. Right after we bought it, I added a piece of 3/4" plywood to extend the rack and allow me to carry a Tamarack bag. However, my wife now rides a 2012 550 EPS and we no longer need the seat. PLUS, the new addition of Presley, our yellow Lab, required me to modify my machine to give him a sitting area. I removed the old plywood, the passenger seat and the handles, and replaced them with a larger piece of 3/4" ply that I built a box on and still left room for my Tamarack bag. Maybe you can rig up something like this and build your own box on the back with hinges and waterproofing? Here are some pics of before and after.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow pretty innovative. I like the cabinet hardware for the tie downs. I've been scratching my head wondering why polaris didn't make the 'trunk' for years prior to 2010. The reason I like the trunk is for extra storage space and I'm a hunter so I'd like to throw my game on the back rack without blood getting into that open area where the seat was. Once again, kudos on a job well done to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts