Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else having issues with their lock n ride system that have found a solution, please let me know.
These are the lock downs from my hood. I've goon thru two sets already.

image by rangerbob316, on Flickr

image by rangerbob316, on Flickr

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
209 Posts
Try the kolpin lock and ride anchors! I replaced the anchors that came with the rear bag. The kolpins are a lot better

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Get away from the plastic ones sold by Polaris. They make steel ones, that work great and will not break. Give Thor a call he sells them.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
You can also use a castle bolt (pan head) and nylock nut. I used those in my front cargo to make room for two 1 gallon rotopax. Not enough room with the lock and ride handles. I don't typically take off my cargo boxes so I don't have a preference with a bolt or the lever lock. I still have the lever locks for my rear polaris lock and ride and they haven't failed yet.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
I also have a new set in the works. It is a twist top and will be even longer with removable cones for thicker items.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Are the lock and rides only for the XP racks or do they work in the Sportsman HO's also?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I think the Lock & Ride hole/plunger systems has been in place since about the 2005 model year on all Polaris ATV & UTV's. The XP's have both front and rer rack holes, where the Value Line on ly has them on the rear rack.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks MBN,

Mine is an 06 500 HO EFI and I wondered what those round holes in the racks were for. :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Works great

1 - 13 of 13 Posts