Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I got a lock N Ride box and after opening the boxes, found that it didn't have the actual quick lock hardware. Is this normal?? I mean its very nice stuff and all, but not cheap. Do they really expect you to buy the mounting hardware separately?? Or did the Ebayer get me? If the later, I hope they have the hardware!!! I priced the missing pieces and its almost $30 just for the latches.

If it matters, I got a sportsman's box, back pad and two pouches.

CW

·
Registered
877 Posts
i havent gotten any lock n ride add ons other then my storage box from the dealer and that came with 2 new locks
so i think u got ripped but i must say that these are only the plastic ones and i think i will be replacing them before to long anyway with the metal ones

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am looking at the same set up for my 550XP on ebay. Probably the same seller. Let us know what they say.

·
Registered
145 Posts
yep, it was the seller.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yep, both of the cargo boxes on my X2 came with a set of the Lock N Ride latches in the package.

·
Registered
203 Posts
i bought a wes box lots of money no lock and ride you need 4 of them 2 cost 30.00 at the atv super store every time you turn your head they shaft ya i dont mean the super store i mean everyone!! 60.00 bucks for 4 lock & ride clips & 253.00 for the box & you have to drill the holes your self!!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
The factory Polaris boxes come with lock and ride mounts yes CW.

Hey Johnnyjaws the box you purchased was not a atvsuperstore lock and ride box. Thats why it did not have mounts! It was a standard Big Wes. We do sell several boxes that also come with the lock and ride mounts. The Wes Standard HEY! Looking for A Wes Rear Box for your Sportsman or Sportsman XP? & AR-36 Wes AR-36 . The reason for drilling on your own is to get the box exactly where you want it just like if you were to use the standard u bolts that come from the manufacture. Remember not everyone is built the same. I myself am 6"4 and want the box as far back as possible while others want it closer. As for the mounts I agree that they expensive from Polaris If you go to your local Polaris dealer on online you will pay 24.99 for 1 + tax/shipping vs my 26.99 + shipping for 2.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks guys!!
They responded to my question this AM. Saying they should be in the box but if not they would get a replacement out to me. I requested the parts.

I'll post up how long that takes.

CW

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't herd anything yet. I sent another note this AM.

On a related note, anyone have the L&R windshields?
I have read that they move around quite bit at speed. How about the lower one? I really like the look in black.
CW

·
Registered
10 Posts
I noticed on the Polaris accesories site that they call out two different types of anchors, the first is the replacement anchor and mount (for $25) and the other is the replacement anchor ($15). Stupid questions: Whats the difference?

Thanks (just purchased a 550).

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Jeff270 the 14.99 one is just for the rubber parts. The $25 one is the full anchor. CW I have the mid size and love it when it gets cold. From now to May I will be using mine on the trail. My one buddy has the small black on his during the warmer months and says it help also.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow! $25 for one anchor. Am I the only one that thinks thats a bit expensive?
I agree it's a bit steep. But IIRC atv superstore has two complete units for just a couple $$ more.
Great news onthe wind screen!!! How is it at speed? If it's moving all around I dont think I'd like that.
I think I'm gonna order a mid and maybe a small next year. I don't think I'll like it in warmer weather I do very much like the look on the smallest one for summer riding!!

CW

·
Premium Member
2,353 Posts

I have read that they move around quite bit at speed. How about the lower one? I really like the look in black.
CW
I just installed the "tall" windshield on my 550. Really like it in the cold air. I'll probably remove it come next summer. I don't notice it "moving" around. Not sure what is meant by that though.

·
Registered
203 Posts
just bought the tall one on e bay 80.00 with shipping pure polaris lock & ride new in box clear wind sheild orthers ones of the same they wanted 120.00 plus shipping didnt get it yet

·
Registered
877 Posts
can u leave the hand guards on with the wind sheild installed

CW
I just installed the "tall" windshield on my 550. Really like it in the cold air. I'll probably remove it come next summer. I don't notice it "moving" around. Not sure what is meant by that though.
can u leave the polaris hand guards on with the wind sheild installed
and got any pics i want to see where it mounts on to:postpic:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Gotta tall LnR on my 800 and yes you can mount the windshield with the polaris handguards on the bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow! $25 for one anchor. Am I the only one that thinks thats a bit expensive?
I agree it's a bit steep. But IIRC atv superstore has two complete units for just a couple $$ more.
Great news onthe wind screen!!! How is it at speed? If it's moving all around I dont think I'd like that.
I think I'm gonna order a mid and maybe a small next year. I don't think I'll like it in warmer weather I do very much like the look on the smallest one for summer riding!!

CW
Tried doing search for IIRC and couldn't find anything. Do you have a link?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts