Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the front box on today. OK for small items but nothing too large.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey XPOG#2 from XPOG#0. Looking real nice. I like your set-up. If you are running a larger rear set-up, the lock n ride in the front may be just fine. I am running the OGIO bags on the front and rear and really like them, but I am not sure about the front since it blocks the front headlight. Having both bags I do find I have a ton of storage though.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey XPOG#2 from XPOG#0. Looking real nice. I like your set-up. If you are running a larger rear set-up, the lock n ride in the front may be just fine. I am running the OGIO bags on the front and rear and really like them, but I am not sure about the front since it blocks the front headlight. Having both bags I do find I have a ton of storage though.
Thank's, those Ogio bags look great on your bike too. I needed something in the front that's waterproof and that can be wiped down easily. I have a cheap black gearbag that I put in the back and cover it with a black plastic trashbag if it's real wet or rainy. I like to carry extra gas so I can't have too large of a rear bag.

·
Registered
673 Posts
how do the 27" mudlites ride? Is it a rougher ride, seem a little more unstable? Did you lose much horsepower? I'm in the market for a new set on my 2010 xp and not sure if i want to go up in size.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
they great there radials so on hard pack they ride smooth there more stable because a radial has a larger footprint then a bias. and I didnt notice any horsepower loss

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
That front box is nice. It's small bit it holds a ton of stuff for the trails. I carry all of my tools in the front box with extra winchline, shackles, and a tree saver and still have room for some more.

Going to be installing a flat fuel pack on top of that front box soon.

Wish it was standard equipment on the XP considering there is almost zero storage on the bike.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how do the 27" mudlites ride? Is it a rougher ride, seem a little more unstable? Did you lose much horsepower? I'm in the market for a new set on my 2010 xp and not sure if i want to go up in size.
I agree with Chopper, they are a little rougher then the stock tires but not bad. No power loss that I can tell. Great tires so far.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Smoothbassman, yes the box is nice even though it's probably not one of the best Chinese engineering effort's!! To me it makes the front of the bike look better then with the stock rack. I've got a black bag for the rear if I need extra storage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ogio question

Hi- I'm glad you're usiing Ogio. I just bought my rear Ogio from ebay and am frustrated because the velcro straps are too short. They seem to be designed for regular racks. How did you put yours on????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry new to forum-probably doing this wrong. Let me repeat question. Velcro straps too short on my Ogio bag to get around rack. How did you attach your Ogio bag? Are there velcro extensions or is there a special Ogio bag for the Sportsman? BTW I have a 2010 Sportsman xp 850. I'm desperate because we leave tomorrow to go to Green River Utah to ride and I can't get this attached!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sorry new to forum-probably doing this wrong. Let me repeat question. Velcro straps too short on my Ogio bag to get around rack. How did you attach your Ogio bag? Are there velcro extensions or is there a special Ogio bag for the Sportsman? BTW I have a 2010 Sportsman xp 850. I'm desperate because we leave tomorrow to go to Green River Utah to ride and I can't get this attached!
I am just guessing that you are not running the rack extensions.? With the rack extentions you are able to use the Velcro straps the the sides of the bag. The rear of the bag can also be fastened to the rack extension by running the two straps that are meant to keep the bag closed while riding around the rack extension. I wish I could take a pic, but mine is in the Midwest right now.

Without the rack extensions, a quick fix would be to get a roll of Velcro. I got mine at REI. Just cut some extensions to the desired length. I would suggest maybe purchasing the plastic rack extensions as they will hold the bag into place. I think these are around $50.00

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks a million for your response! I will go and buy a rack extension!
No worries. Let me know if you have trouble once you get the rack extensions on. You shouldn't have issues. Just remember before you clip the bag closed, run the straps around the rack extension. Good Luck and enjoy your ride. That is beautiful country and amazing ATV riding. I am going to miss it once we make our move back to the Midwest.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Regarding the fuel pack. The only problem is that the pack is too tall and will block the headlight for night riding. I was thinking of purchasing a 1 gallon Rotopax and mounting it in the middle of the inside of the box. I think with some minor modification to the inside it just might work?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lock-n-Ride front box: This was the 1st accessory I added to my '09 550xp.....it is awesome. For work around the farm, etc. it holds all those smaller things that you need to keep handy like tools, flashlights, straps, gloves, etc. On the top of my box I mounted a set of Kolpin Rhino Grip XL's Rhino Grip XL - Single . The bases are thru bolted to the lid of the box which allows for removal of the forks when not used. Works great! Another plus is the lid can still be used as a deck to carry stuff.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those Rhino grip's look pretty good, especially for farm, hunting or fishing use.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts