Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

It's a 2014 Sportsman 850 xp le.
This is my first Polaris and first 4x4, I've has 450 sports atv's and I'm selling my ktm dirt bike (just feel more comfortable on 4 wheels).

Just wanted to say hey. Is there any recommended must have mods I should do soon. Grabbing a front bumper from atv guru ASAP.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

It's a 2014 Sportsman 850 xp le.
This is my first Polaris and first 4x4, I've has 450 sports atv's and I'm selling my ktm dirt bike (just feel more comfortable on 4 wheels).

Just wanted to say hey. Is there any recommended must have mods I should do soon. Grabbing a front bumper from atv guru ASAP.
Polaris Sportsman XP 550 850 Scrambler 850 1000 Frame Braces Black | eBay
Hmm I haven't heard anything about this when doing my research. Are you drilling the frame or is there a way to use this without drilling?

·
Super Moderator
7,073 Posts
What exactly is this frame brace supposed to do? I will say upfront that I'm no engineer, but looking at the all the pictures, I just can't understand what this brace is doing. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm just looking for an explanation is all. What weak point are you trying to reinforce, and where are the forces being transferred too? Since I am one who has had my frame break right behind the transmission mount, I am leary about overstressing another point on the frame. Is there any engineering and testing behind this? For $60, I would be happy to buy one if I knew that it was going to help without possibly causing an issue elsewhere.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Hello & Welcome :wave:

Looks like a nice toy..... good thing it followed you home and not someone else! :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
Boy are you going to enjoy that!
First thing I would do is get those bumpers on and a winch working. After that better tires are a huge upgrade. Then maybe a clutch kit. Beyond that it is based on how and where you ride. Skids on the bottom are always a good idea. There are a hundred things you can do!
:veryhappy:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Boy are you going to enjoy that!
First thing I would do is get those bumpers on and a winch working. After that better tires are a huge upgrade. Then maybe a clutch kit. Beyond that it is based on how and where you ride. Skids on the bottom are always a good idea. There are a hundred things you can do!
:veryhappy:
Believe me I have way too much money already spent on this thing in my head. :veryhappy:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a 2013 and I love it. I went bumper, a-arm guards, and rotopax aux tanks for add-ons.... (so far)

Cheers,
Lesn8r

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Grats on the new ride, get some tires and a winch.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
nice ride
and welcome

1 - 20 of 25 Posts