Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to look at an 02 Sportsman 700 this weekend with 1600 miles on it. It also has a 60" Glacier 2 plow on it. Anything to look for on it or things to beware of on the 700 model? New to the 4 wheeler world but have lots of experience in the automotive side. He is asking $3500 for it.

·
Registered
527 Posts
You will want to check to make sure it has the updated water pump cover as the plastic one that came on them was prone to leak. They also had a service bulletin on the carb that updated it with a new spring, needle and needle jet and main jet. This made a huge difference on how the machine starts and runs. The carb parts are around 70.00 and 100.00 to install. The coolant cover is around 35.00. I would get the serial number and run a check to see if the machine has been updated. If you want call me with the serial number and I will check it out for you. 651-340-1129 Good Luck Dale!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yes the water pump cover has been updated along with the crankcase breather hose. I do not see any update on the carb which was a tech bulletin. If the machine needs to be choked in warm weather or hesitates on take off it would benefit greatly from having this update done. Keep in mind not all of them need it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts