Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm new here and new to Polaris I really like Polaris options and price but why do so many people rag on and give bad/false reviews on Polaris they seem like awesome bikes compared to other manufactures. I'm looking at the 2013 550, 500 with rebates and the new 570 I live in Colorado and need a reliable machine up and down hills. I would love some feed back/ reviews of real Polaris owners good or bad thanks:question:

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2011 550 EPS for sale. I posted the details today. My machine has 78 miles and 16 hours of use. Many option in excellant condition. You can call me 319 415 9850 ( Private Seller)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
These debates are no different than the Ford and Chevy debates that have been going on since the invention of the auto mobile. Do not get caught up in the mine is better than yours mentality.

My 2012 550 EPS has served me well with no issues. I use it for all types of riding including plowing snow. I gets used 12 months out of the year. It is no different then any car or truck. If you abuse it or do not maintain it, you will need to fix it.

Too many people watch these guys on You Tube in water and mud up to the handlebars.
They buy one and try to do the same thing and trash the machine. Then want to blame the machine and Polaris for their own stupidity and abuse.

If you plan on racing, mudding or using it in water, then you have to modify it first. If you don't, it's on you.

If it were me that had the choice between the 550 and 570. I would not hesitate to buy another 550, as it has proven to be very reliable. The 570 is in it's first production year and I never buy any first year product. I will let someone else be the Guinea pig.

My 550 has more that enough to take me anyplace I have tried to go.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
94 Posts
The most reliable machine will probably be the 500 followed by the 550. The 500 has been around for longer than all others that you listed. That being said the 550 has gotten most of the kinks worked out and will be decent too. The 550 will ride better because its an xp and I think it has engine braking.

I would wait on the 570 because I don't know how much they changed the 500 to the 570. I know it's a different engine manufacturer and new racks but I don't know if they changed the frame.

·
Registered
208 Posts
My dealer just got a new 570 in. I don't like it!
The 550 is MUCH narrower in the foot well area. Lots less to bang your ankles on with the 550.

·
Premium Member
12,301 Posts
If u want a sportier bike with power steering 550. Tried and true reliable proven bike 500, but its carburated. The 570 is a new model on a proven platform with a motor that has been in the RZR 570 for a few years.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Honestly i think both would be a good choice! The 570 and 550 are very similar. I believe the 570 has an option to get EPS also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts