Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new on here. Im going to go look at a 2005 Predator and was wondering if I should look for anything specific thats wrong with it? Thanks!

·
Registered
521 Posts
leaks, sounds, check lift the front and rear end off the ground and try and wobble the tires, check all frame rails for cracks mainly under gas tank. look at the gears make sure all the teeth are there, open air box and see if theres dirt inside

sounds are sketchy you dont want too have too replace the timing chain once u get it but i suggest immediate maintnence before you ride hard, if the tires wobbble bearings are shot

any other questions let me know

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looked at it today. Its a little rough, the front plastic by the gas tank is bent but not cracked. The shocks squeak when you push down on it. He said it sat for awhile. It runs and drives great, starts right up. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
521 Posts
what is he asking for it?

shocks can be redone for a few hundred and specific for your weight, plastics bent right there id assume he flipped it at least on its side, if the price is right id go for it but price pending

·
Registered
521 Posts
Id offer around 1400 and let him know you need too get the shocks revalved and re-sprung and needs a new plastic

·
Registered
521 Posts
if its the only decent one around, i paid 1500 for mine years ago maybe start at 1200 and flash cash and go by judgement man

1 - 11 of 11 Posts