Polaris ATV Forum banner

Looking at joining the Polaris world... need advice

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  CaptLeroyHotdogZanzibar 
#1 ·
Hi all. I own a Rhino and a Honda ATV and am currently looking at a 2012 closeout 500HO touring for the wife. Looks like a nice bike but just wanted to touch base with current owners and see if you guys had any warnings or advice. Price is about 5800 OTD. Is the ride decent on the back of one of these machines? Any mechanical peculiarities I should know? Is the 570 motor worth passing on the $500 rebate? Thanks.

#3 ·
That seems like a really high price considering its (basically) 2 years old, now that the 2014's are out.

I say spend the extra cash, and get the fuel injected 570 with 10 more HP.

#5 ·
I would pursue the 570 2up. Just 2 many improvements. Efi is worth it alone. The engine is mounted longitudly. Which means narrower. Much more comfy. And yes 2 year old bike alreay, personally I would pass.

#6 ·
That price is way to high. That is the same price as a brand new 570 with power steering. Might want to look for a more reasonable place to shop or, talk him down $2000 on the 500.

#9 ·
I agree that the price is way too high for a 2012. I bought a 2013 Camo 500 HO back in april of this year for 6200.00 OTD, so someone is trying to screw you

#7 ·
Agreed with the rest. The 500 is a great machine and the ride is better than either of the machines you have now by far. With one or two people on it. And is roomy enough for 2 adults of average size comfortably all day. You can't go wrong with one or the 570. EFI sure is nice, especially for those that aren't so carburetor minded with a choke and all.

#8 ·
I picked up a 2012 500HO from a dealer in NC last year for $5100.00 with all of the rebates that come around this time of year. Seems like a lot of money for that ATV and I would check around for a dealer that doesn't add on all kinds of fees.

With that being said, I really liked the 500 but did not like the carb and upgraded to an EFI machine in about a year. Many run them year round in various climates without issue, I am just a grumpy old guy who doesn't like fiddling with a choke though.

#10 · (Edited)
#11 ·
Any dealership that is selling a 2012 bike that is new is must be struggling for sales. Obviously they cant sell two year old machine's. I recommend you go to a different dealer or just low ball the crap out of them and see what they say.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.